Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

carl froch vs floyd mayweather. who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockyIV View Post
    Smaller and similarly talented guys have negated a much bigger size difference in the past.

Risky but not impossible.
    I wouldn't be worried about the weight at first, its the height. Long jabs and right hands over the top of the shoulder roll would be very difficult to deal with... and then there is the weight advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by The Theory View Post
      Speed, power, defence, lack of speed, chin, weight, size all come into effect.

Discuss.
      Froch lost to Manfredo in the Am's. Frock wouldn't land a single glove on a scoring area against Floyd. Mayweather beats the brakes of Frock and sends him spiraling into retirement and disrepute.

Flash forward a year later and Frock ends up like Hatton getting nicked for snuffing gaggers on some journo rag.

Comment

Froch would knock him out. You saw old washed up Mosley hurt him badly but he was to gassed out to finish the job. Froch is a hard hitting 168 pounder so he hits much harder than Mosley and he would be after Mayweather every minute of every round. Mayweather doesn't have the power to keep Froch off of him. Froch has good stamina as well and he would stay on Mayweather and take him out. If they were both welterweights Mayweather would win. Froch is three weights classes or 21 pounds bigger than Mayweather and it's to much size and power for Mayweather to overcome with speed and skill.

Comment

Is this serious question... :S

Froch KOs him within 2.

Comment

The idea that Froch would not be able to land a single scoring punch on Mayweather and Mayweather would beat him into retirement is impossible and not reality. Mayweather is a great fighter but not so great that his opponents can't hit him at all. Mayweather has been hit many times in every pro fight he ever had. Froch is not some unskilled brawler. He is the 2nd best 168 pounder in the world and no boxer that ever lived could keep Froch from landing some punches. If Mayweather thought he could beat Froch so easily he would all ready have fought him instead of making Canelo get down to 152 pounds. Some Mayweather fans turn Floyd into a god or a superman that can do impossible things like beating the hell out of Froch without Froch landing a single blow in return. Sorry to disappoint them but he is just a flesh and blood man and he can't do impossible stuff like that.

Comment

Smaller and similarly talented guys have negated a much bigger size difference in the past.

Risky but not impossible.
              Care to give examples? Froch is a legit p4p boxer much larger than Floyd. There is no instance in history where such an advantage was negated that I know about.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                Care to give examples? Froch is a legit p4p boxer much larger than Floyd. There is no instance in history where such an advantage was negated that I know about.
                Off the top of my head I know harry grebb would often fight at heavyweight on a weeks notice although he was a middleweight.

Also Jack Dempsey gave away nearly 60 pounds to Jess Willard when he won the world heavyweight title.

I'm sure there's others.

Comment

We have weight divisions for a reason, OP

Comment

Off the top of my head I know harry grebb would often fight at heavyweight on a weeks notice although he was a middleweight.

Also Jack Dempsey gave away nearly 60 pounds to Jess Willard when he won the world heavyweight title.

I'm sure there's others.
                    The Greb example may fit, he's fought some excellent fighters that were above his weight but how much? That much is not clear. As far as heavy weights giving up pounds, that's quite standard. Even today. Ask most of the klitchskos opponents. But if all u can give is and example of a fighter that fought in the early 20th century, one that paid heavily for such fights, it makes it quite easy to see why this isn't feasible.

Comment

so, about evens.

Comment

Working...
                      X