Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Scoffs at Notion That Pacquiao Has Gotten Soft

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand people claiming Pac has lost a great deal of speed either. Rios even said the reason he couldn't do anything was because Pac was so fast. The thing that stood out to me last night was how Pac was able to pretty much catch him at will and slip off to the side before Rios knew what had even happened.

Comment

Bob being Bob is always going to say what he feels is good for his fighter, but we're deluding ourselves if we don't think Pacquiao has definitely gotten softer.

From 2008-2011 he was beating the crap out of guys. Giving experienced veteran guys the worse beatings of their careers. DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Margarito.

He got to Mosley and you could see him starting to slip.

Comment

Lets say we use Margarito is a measuring stick when it comes to Brandon Rios type fighters and asking if Pac has gotten "soft". I didnt see the same viciousness and ferocity against Rios of course. Pac was simply teeing off Margarito's face and using it as a punching bag for 12 rounds while against Rios he used his movement to potshot instead. Could he have fought Rios like he did Margarito? HELL NO, Rios is a live fighter while Margarito was most likely shot to ****. He boxed smart. Provodnikov vs. Rios should be a good FOTY candidate

Comment

pac box smart, that's it, he still have the power, speed and the chin that's everyone's talking about

Comment

Bradley fight will answer many questions about Pac

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
              Bradley fight will answer many questions about Pac
              it definitely will. he has to recapture his old form to win this one

Comment

His account got softer!

Haha! J/K

Comment

Soft is pretty harsh, is he less aggressive sure, does he attack with the same vigor and ferocity surely not.

Still just because he isn't the same fighter he once was that doesn't make him soft, I haven't seen anything that implies he lacks mental toughness to compete at the top. His physical skills are more where the problems lie and he always had issues with guys who did not oblige him~

Comment

Originally posted by Jerzz View Post
                    He hurt Rios, look at his face.
                    He also hurt Marquez before he got KO.
                    Bradley ran after he got hurt same as Mosley & Cotto.
                    Look at Margarito's face.
                    Pacquiao has ZERO KOs @ 147lbs...

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
                      Lets say we use Margarito is a measuring stick when it comes to Brandon Rios type fighters and asking if Pac has gotten "soft". I didnt see the same viciousness and ferocity against Rios of course. Pac was simply teeing off Margarito's face and using it as a punching bag for 12 rounds while against Rios he used his movement to potshot instead. Could he have fought Rios like he did Margarito? HELL NO, Rios is a live fighter while Margarito was most likely shot to ****. He boxed smart. Provodnikov vs. Rios should be a good FOTY candidate
                      Provodnikov is gonna do what Pacquiao couldn't, KO Rios...

Comment

Working...
                      X