The next big thing in boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
    "all our best fighters go to jail"

The truth right here. America's best HWs can be found behind iron bars as opposed to the gridiron.
    We had the #1 amateur super heavy in the country, lost to wilder in the last fight to make the Olympic team. He's ridiculously good, can fight switch stanced, was fitting grown men at the age of 16, a complete natural. His name is kimdo bethel, he doesnt just take it serious for some reason anymore. He should be fighting klitshcko by now. He fought like James toney.

Our best fighter went to prison for killing a city dude. Unfortunately city folk think Albany is a bunch of red necks and *****s and they can run **** here cuz there from the city. Little do they know most people who get killed here are loud mouth city dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      We had the #1 amateur super heavy in the country, lost to wilder in the last fight to make the Olympic team. He's ridiculously good, can fight switch stanced, was fitting grown men at the age of 16, a complete natural. His name is kimdo bethel, he doesnt just take it serious for some reason anymore. He should be fighting klitshcko by now. He fought like James toney.

Our best fighter went to prison for killing a city dude. Unfortunately city folk think Albany is a bunch of red necks and *****s and they can run **** here cuz there from the city. Little do they know most people who get killed here are loud mouth city dudes.
      Sounds like you're proud of having a violent city man. That aside. Under your avy says nyc but you're from albany? Where do you train?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronsky View Post
        Addix what gym do you train at?
        Quail st boxing in Albany ny, were Actuslly the last fully funded city gym in the country. The head trainer is the trainer for the ny state team. Great guy, amd Actuslly cares about the kids.

He loses them because they all want to go pro, and he doesnt think there rdy. Unlike most trainers he doesn't chase the $.

Sp they either leave, or they quit, or leave to take care other responsibilities.

I trained in 5 gyms in the city, none of them tought technique or watched out for my health the way he did. I had a pretty easy time sparring with guys in the city and amazed by the beatings there trainers allowed them to take in the gym.

Comment

Sounds like you're proud of having a violent city man. That aside. Under your avy says nyc but you're from albany? Where do you train?
          I'm not gonna lie, I take pride in not growing up a wuss. Were old school upstate, I grew up fighting bare knuckle rules, with a circle of people around me.

It def helped mold me to be the person I am today.

Ps I only trained on quail in Albany, trained all over in NYC when I lived there. I just didn't like any of the gyms there. Tje only gyms I liked there was fight house and a gym in bushwick.
          Last edited by AddiX; 02-12-2014, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Sad State of affairs. The lack of dedication to the sport is turning these guys in. Youngsters like that need guidance - though I'm as anti-left wing as it gets, you gotta wonder if a communist system at that age is what American boxing needs.

Comment

I'm not gonna lie, I take pride in not growing up a wuss. Were old school upstate, I grew up fighting bare knuckle rules, with a circle of people around me.

It def helped mold me to be the person I am today.

Ps I only trained on quail in Albany, trained all over in NYC when I lived there. I just didn't like any of the gyms there. Tje only gyms I liked there was fight house and a gym in bushwick.
              Which gym in bushwick? As for fight house did you work with joey gamache? I used to work his son over pretty bad at mendez. Not good against southpaws at all

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                Sad State of affairs. The lack of dedication to the sport is turning these guys in. Youngsters like that need guidance - though I'm as anti-left wing as it gets, you gotta wonder if a communist system at that age is what American boxing needs.
                True but you also have to remember this is an incredibly hard lifestyle. Once you reach a certain point the only way tomget better is spar guys better than you, which means getting your ass kicked over and over.

It's why a lot of guys who stick w it, are crazy.

Comment

Which gym in bushwick? As for fight house did you work with joey gamache? I used to work his son over pretty bad at mendez. Not good against southpaws at all
                  I knew Joey, but I didn't like his style and my trainer in Albany said he thinks the reason emanuels fighters at then time keep losing is because of Joey. And yeah, his son sucked. I use to best on one of his pros pretty bad. I worked with del, Danny, and Simon, though, use to spar with del, he's Actuslly the only person to ever put me down.

I liked Mendez, but that gym was so freaking small. They had a few guys my size who were pretty good though, one was a golden glover from jersey, older Spanish kid, he was tough, but a fcking coward, probably why he never went pro. He trained people there to sometimes, i forgot his name though.

Comment

And I forgot the gyms name in bushwick, it was by the L stop though, some very tough youngsters there, I think Amanda Serrano trained there.

Comment

I knew Joey, but I didn't like his style and my trainer in Albany said he thinks the reason emanuels fighters at then time keep losing is because of Joey. And yeah, his son sucked. I use to best on one of his pros pretty bad. I worked with del, Danny, and Simon, though, use to spar with del, he's Actuslly the only person to ever put me down.

I liked Mendez, but that gym was so freaking small. They had a few guys my size who were pretty good though, one was a golden glover from jersey, older Spanish kid, he was tough, but a fcking coward, probably why he never went pro. He trained people there to sometimes, i forgot his name though.
                      Trying to put a name to the Spanish kid.....Serrano as in the sisters? That was in ridgewood right by the L. Mendez changed locations now couple of good fighters who were there left now. You know how it is once you get to a certain point you need to move on. Only good people I stop by to see on occasion is Leon and Spider. Camacho Jr stops by occasionally but he's easy to handle. Kind of a cowardly lion once he's in tough.

Comment

Working...
                      X