No announcement yet.

Martinez: "I can concentrate on Golovkin after I knock out Cotto"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez: "I can concentrate on Golovkin after I knock out Cotto"

After I beat Cotto by knockout, I'll begin to concentrate in what could be a fight with Golovkin. He's a very difficult rival, if not the most difficult. Not because of his technique, but because of his physical strength. He's strong enough to take and absorb punches. This is the moment to fight him. In a few years, he'll have more experience and he'll be even more dangerous.
    http://mundod.lavoz.com.ar/y-mas/mar...re-en-golovkin

Sergio backs down from no man.

Comment

Awesome maybe Sergio will get to shut GGG suckers up personally and ride off in the sunset

Comment

Sergio Vs GGG?

Comment

Such a funny thread title.

Comment

I never doubted Sergio wanting the fight. Lou is the one that seems to be against it.

We will see.

Comment

I believe the opposite of what Martinez said. I think GGG is prime now and a few years he will be past prime because of his tendency to absorb shots. He is 32 years old, in a few years he'll be 34-35 and at the tail end of his career IMO. He is certainly not preserving his chin by any means, taking shots from Ouma, Stevens, and Adama, neither of which are killers. If Martinez fights him after Cotto, he'd be fighting a prime Golovkin IMO, not green like he believes.

Comment

None of that is happening.

He's not KO'ing Cotto and I doubt he beats him. And he also won't be fighting GGG.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Sounds good to me. So after he knocks out Cotto bring on GGG is the fight all hard core fans want to see later this year.

Comment

triple G is not green or else he would be showing improvement in his latest fights hes still the same guy who depends on his power to win he hit his limit

Comment

Working...
                    X