Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eubank: How I would've beaten a peak RJJ!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only the WBA and WBC counted so Roy Jones was never a champion at 160 and 168, just a contender.

Comment

I think Toney at his best was 'better' than Eubank (and better than Jones for that matter!), but stylistically Eubank is wrong for him.

Toney at his best was a class above Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        I'm looking more at who he beat rather than the letters before the title. So Eubank only won the WBO, that means he was only ever a "contender" lol wut
        A contender for the TOP titles, yes! Beating a WBA or WBC fighter is what makes or made a fighter be recognized at the highest levels, the IBF partially so. WBO was and is one of the butt of all jokes made about alphabet titles!!
        Last edited by richardt; 02-10-2014, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Only the WBA and WBC counted so Roy Jones was never a champion at 160 and 168, just a contender.
          he was the holder of the IBF title 168 but was recognized as THE champ by Ring Magazine. It's the place a fighter has in work rankings across the consensus and Jones was recognized as the best and the IBF even had more respect than the WBO which was when the jokes started pouring in about ABC titles. Eubank was NOT ranked above Jones, that makes him a contender in the rankings across the board. Everything is a combination of titles and pound for pound rankings. So Eubank was not in his prime at 25-27?
          Last edited by richardt; 02-10-2014, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Like I said, put up a poll and don't have your feelings hurt by the results. I'll check the poll in the morning when I am back online and that will end the discussion. Jones was better, he proved it, not arguable.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              A contender for the TOP titles, yes! Beating a WBA or WBC fighter is what makes or made a fighter be recognized at the highest levels, the IBF partially so. WBO was and is one of the butt of all jokes made about alphabet titles!!
              Here's me thinking it mattered WHO you beat and in what fashion that made you legit. But no, its all about what letters are before a title

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                Like I said, put up a poll and don't have your feelings hurt by the results. I'll check the poll in the morning when I am back online and that will end the discussion. Jones was better, he proved it, not arguable.
                Childish...

Comment

RJJ was in a completely different class than Eubank! It wouldn't have been close.

Comment

Originally posted by coghaugen View Post
                    Benn takes Jones with his power and aggression and Eubank edges Toney with his jab and movement.

Benn was made for Toney!
                    You can't be serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Bull24 View Post
                      RJJ was in a completely different class than Eubank! It wouldn't have been close.
                      Peter Eubank or Simon Eubank?

Because CHRIS Eubank had about as much ability as pretty much anyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X