Comments Thread For: Alvarez-Angulo 3/8 Event To Air Live In Movie Theatres

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    Why would you be pissed off
    i would be if i was mexican because i would feel like my loyalty is being taken advantage of.

Comment

replay March 15, 2014, prior to Swift.

Comment

Probably shouldn't be on PPV, but having the option to watch any HBO/Showtime level fight in theaters is a great thing for the sport. Theater ticket sales used to be a big part of revenue back in the days before tvs went mainstream.

Comment

It'll probably show only in Major cities, Probably won't show up in small towns/cities. thus you would have to go to a bar or a family menber/friend to see it. IMO is a very good card, don't know if it is PPV material dou.

Comment

Originally posted by cremster View Post
            PPV?? Lol, How can Canelo say he leaves fans satisfied with his performances?? He must of not seen a replay of his last lackluster losing effort...And the last time we saw Angulo, he had no choice but quit after Lara gave his face a makeover.. this would of been on Solo Boxeo 3 years ago.. We should be watching Mayweather vs Lara instead
            like that fight would ever happen it would be one of the most borring fight ever. two guys waithing for the other to trow a punch to counter, that would be a flop of a PPV Mayweather estandard.....probably makes about 700K "IF" showtime gives green light to it.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Probably shouldn't be on PPV, but having the option to watch any HBO/Showtime level fight in theaters is a great thing for the sport. Theater ticket sales used to be a big part of revenue back in the days before tvs went mainstream.
              Theatre fights actually hurt PPV numbers. Say you have 10 showings and each one gets 20 people each. Well there you have 200 people who would have bought the PPV. A PPV that would have done 400k now only does 200k since theatre sales don't count toward PPV numbers. The more people you get into theatres the less there is to buy the PPV.

IMO this fight may as well be marketed with the tagline "Mexicans only please." They are two fighters who are quite popular among Mexicans. There's a good following for Angulo and Canelo there already. You might think the fight is **** for PPV but that won't stop the Mexicans from buying it. In Oscar's eyes you can either be Mexican, pad his PPV numbers, or get to the back of the line and wait it out.
              Last edited by croz; 02-06-2014, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by croz;14212138[B
                ]Theatre fights actually hurt PPV numbers. Say you have 10 showings and each one gets 20 people each. Well there you have[/B] 200 people who would have bought the PPV. A PPV that would have done 400k now only does 200k since theatre sales don't count toward PPV numbers. The more people you get into theatres the less there is to buy the PPV.

IMO this fight may as well be marketed with the tagline "Mexicans only please." They are two fighters who are quite popular among Mexicans. There's a good following for Angulo and Canelo there already. You might think the fight is **** for PPV but that won't stop the Mexicans from buying it. In Oscar's eyes you can either be Mexican, pad his PPV numbers, or get to the back of the line and wait it out.
                I'm pretty sure if golden boy thought that this hurt their overall pay per view numbers they wouldn't keep doing it. I'm sure they have people who actually look at the numbers instead of the bs you just pulled out of your arse.

Comment

I haven't tried the theater thing yet, I prefer to order them and watch them at home with the family.

Comment

This fight should be on regular SHOWTIME. Even Oscar de la hoya fight on regular HBO for the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Foghorn View Post
                      This fight should be on regular SHOWTIME. Even Oscar de la hoya fight on regular HBO for the fans.
                      Yet you think an absolute turkey like Floyd v Khan/Maidana should be a ppv.

Comment

Working...
                      X