No announcement yet.

Can YOU Justify the GGG Hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Yes bojangles, GGG has skills and he just needs the opportunity fight the best but he has often avoided those opportunities. Last year there was Mack, quite a few fighters have made noises to fight him, even if the likes of Martinez/Sturm/Geale may not want the fights, there are far better mws to get in the ring with than Ishida, Stevens and Adama.
    Name one besides the mames you mentioned... Or do you mean Rubio or Lee?

Comment

I believe he does. Exciting, great attributes, fights 4 or more time a year, likable guy, huge amateur experience

Comment

He may well be a great fighter, and, i'll admit, I like the look of him, but i'm still not sold. We've been here before on NSB: every half year or so madness descends, and people claim a certain fighter is a 'beast', 'next big thing', will 'KO Mayweather/Ward' et al.

Lucas, Bute, Price, Berto (still, to this day, cannot understand that one) etc. etc.

Comment

GGG, 10x more than Kovalev, is worth the hype. It's not just the power. It's his balance, his Ring IQ, his ability to cut off the ring, his head movement, his ability to never waste a punch (thus, not wasting energy and gassing). HE IS THE GOODS.

Comment

when he's getting kd'd by the boones or macklins of the world and dropping rounds, having close fights with the barkers and bika's

at the moment, he doesn't even lose rounds, he sparks everyone, defense is awesome(with the exception of the latest fight which he gave 1/10 of effort, probabley didn't even train hard), pressure that bursts pipes

anyone that says he's beaten easily by anyone doesn't know sht

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
              Look, the guy destroys all his opponents. Macklin, Rosado & Stevens are not bums, despite what some people say, and Golovkin simply walks through them. Maybe the hype surrounding him has gotten A LITTLE too much, but only a little. He deserves hype. He's so talented, and we will see just how talented when he fights Martinez & Quillin.

I truly believe the only guy he loses to is Ward.
              Originally posted by Balrog. View Post
              Well his hype will be justified once he beats the top recognizable middleweights.

It's pretty obvious he'll beat all the top fighters in his division.
              Originally posted by M4RK View Post
              GGG the truth finished his amatuer record woth 350-5, going on a 235 win streak, not having lost since 1994.

Highest current champion ko percentage.

Total ring generalship against all opponents.

Yes, hype deserved here.
              I'm not saying GGG is a bad fighter or anything but how can people be calling him the best on the planet and one of the best mws ever when his best win is Mack...and the rest of his resume is padded out with almost complete no bodies?

I just think we need to slow down a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                when he's getting kd'd by the boones or macklins of the world and dropping rounds, having close fights with the barkers and bika's

at the moment, he doesn't even lose rounds, he sparks everyone, defense is awesome(with the exception of the latest fight which he gave 1/10 of effort, probabley didn't even train hard), pressure that bursts pipes

anyone that says he's beaten easily by anyone doesn't know sht
                Aye, he didn't need to come out of 1st gear.

He's very promising and technically great; I like him.

Comment

Was not a big fan, nor am I now but God has a lot of skills and power too. If he steps up in competition, we will see the possible elite level he could play! Bring in Kirkland, Marteniz, Canelo, Ward, or even Froch.

Comment

Agree with Alex Sand, he has the skills to make an impact, I think his power is not his best asset, it's his ability to cut off the ring. GGG isn't the hardest hitter I've seen, he's not a 1 punch KO king, it takes him time to crush an opponent, that's why his body shots are so impressive.

Comment

He seems a little tentative when some one actually boxes him.
                      I think if HBO wants to keep add to the hype they should do like Arum was doing for Pac and put him in there with guys that come straight forward like Kirkland who is a a name

Comment

Working...
                      X