The Official Miguel Cotto-Sergio Martinez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    I don't get it.... I just don't.

When it was announced I didn't care for the fight, I thought it was a huge mismatch and just a gimmick....

HBO actually convinced me that this is going to be interesting....I'm excited for this fight now.
    It wasn't HBO.

It was El Angel.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      It wasn't HBO.

It was El Angel.
      You a boss then... with your influence and that 24/7... i'm hyped.

Comment

• those thinking cotto is gonna win: how is he gonna do it?

Comment

• Im going to go against the grain and say Cotto will win.

Make a more thought out decision closer to the fight however.

Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by UTEP; 06-02-2014, 06:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                I don't get it.... I just don't.

When it was announced I didn't care for the fight, I thought it was a huge mismatch and just a gimmick....

HBO actually convinced me that this is going to be interesting....I'm excited for this fight now.
                The first thing most people automatically focused on was the size discrepancy. It looked like mismatch straight out of the gate. But then several factors quickly came into view: Cotto is 33, Martinez is almost 40; Sergio's knee and ankle surgeries, his inactivity. In the end, these guys' names and the excitement brought on by the fight promotion, and fight week itself, have most of us looking forward to what was once considered a BS fight. I'm getting excited myself.

Comment

• Not a good look for Sergio...

Comment

• [QUOTE=PRPOWERPUNCHES;14605589]
                    Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
                    Seguro que si! Thanks bro. Ill check it out. Ill be at Mortons Steakhouse killing a Cajun ribeye steak at 6. So ill eat on earlier that day. Im at the Penn Hotel so its near by.

Damn Son.. Morton's Steakhouse, Penn Hotel..Freaking Rican Weekend...You doing it BIG son..

Real quick, how much is the Penn asking for a 1 bed room on that weekend?

Thx PRPP
                    Yessir. Been wanting to check out a fight at MSG and the PR Parade. Could not pass up Cotto at MSG with a chance to make history with the Parade the next day. Bday is on the 4th as well, so figured its once in a lifetime deal so do it big.

As for the room we paid about 700 for thurday through Sunday night check out on Monday so its about 175 a night.

Comment

• FYI All:

Originally Posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES.... We will all have a chance to see what exactly Martinez looks like at 12:30 Est in Times Square today with him having a live workout for the fans. I'm sure NSB will be there with some cameras for some live footage..

PRPP
                      Need video and pics!

Comment

Working...
                      X