No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Sergio Martinez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coyotefury View Post
    You know what El Angel, we were brothers at arms in the Maravilla army at the great Mexico vs Argentina battle that was the Thomas and Mack center. When Sergio destroyed Chavez jr. We were in different flanks/ sections of the battlefield/ arena, lol. We laughed and were happy when Sergio was tearing up dat @$$. And we freaked and worried when our boy was dropped. We spilled blood sweat and tears that night, but we came out victorious.

But starting today we are rivals, as you turn your back on Martinez, this will be a battle for the ages. And only until after June 7th will I think your a pretty cool guy again lol.

So on a lighter note, are you gonna be there at MSG? Lol, I'm thinking of going.
    A fellow Maravilla brother. We cheered him on to the biggest victory of his career and now I'm rooting for him to be Cotto's. Until June 8th, we are opposing fans.

And I'm think of going to MSG. I'd love to be part of history.

Comment

Comment

If trout can outbox cotto, wtf you guys think Martinez is gonna do...and he's a bigger guy

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sh-t is 5 months off lol.

This will be a big PPV fight with a dramatic ending. Martinez probably wins but he's old, Cotto will make him fight for it hard.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  If trout can outbox cotto, wtf you guys think Martinez is gonna do...and he's a bigger guy
                  Trout and Martinez don't fight the same though. Trout is a little more slick and a bit more of a runner and jabber. I thought that fight was a draw.

Martinez can get hit more, he gets hit a lot. Pavlik hit him at 40%, Williams at 30+%, Macklin hit him with 40% power punches, Murray hit him with 35+% power punches, Barker hit him with 40%+ power punches. Martinez gets hit a lot, and Cotto is excellent offensively, if you can get hit, Cotto WILL hit you. Problem is, Cotto himself is not very defensively sound.

Comment

this fight all depends on Sergio's knees

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                      Martinez is not as fundamentally sound as Trout. And Martinez tends to throw a lot of wild shots, and worse, has a weak defense that a guy like Cotto will expose.

My only issue is that I hope Cotto asked for random drug testing. But I bet he was foolish enough not to make the request and instead focused on other diva ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X