No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Sergio Martinez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
    I made my prediction long ago. But let me look it up.
    k you dont have to look it up , just tell me and did you make prediction for hopkins - shumenov, pacquaio bradley, froch groves?

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdBlooded
      You're picking the guy known for fading in fights to score a late stoppage over the guy known for terrific stamina?
      You were saying?

Comment

• Originally posted by L3TH4L View Post
        Martinez is on his way down, his legs are never going to be the same, his mobility and conditioning will suffer because of it. Look for him to sit down and load up on his punches from the jump, he's going to look for the early finish because it's his best chance of winning. If he fails to hurt Cotto or put him away in the first half of the fight, it's all going to be downhill from there.

I'm going with Cotto by TKO in the 10th round.
        Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Miguel's not exactly known for his stamina. You expect him to KO the larger man that late?
        You were saying?

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
          where is your prediction? quote it or stfu

As per your request, here you go!

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=15

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          I agree with Rosado.

I think Cotto is going to expose Martinez.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=21

Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
          What's there to expose?
          Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          He has BAD defense, easy to hit. He makes a lot of mistakes, because he's not fundamentally sound. But because he's an awkward fighting southpaw, who packs nice power, he gets away with it. Guys like Martinez who aren't fundamentally sound tend to get exposed badly when they fight someone who is technically sound. And Cotto is a skilled one.
          Last edited by radioraheem; 06-08-2014, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
            As per your request, here you go!

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=15

I agree with Rosado.

I think Cotto is going to expose Martinez.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=21

He has BAD defense, easy to hit. He makes a lot of mistakes, because he's not fundamentally sound. But because he's an awkward fighting southpaw, who packs nice power, he gets away with it. Guys like Martinez who aren't fundamentally sound tend to get exposed badly when they fight someone who is technically sound. And Cotto is a skilled one.
            nice prediction! i guess you can go ahead and **** on the cotto doubters!

Comment

• another Coach of the year for Roach......not again!

Comment

• Cotto totally deserved the win, he schooled Martinez. Big respect for Cotto!

I wanna see Golovkin-Cotto next!

Mayweather-Cotto II? Please nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

• i would pick cotto in a rematch with mayweather

Comment

• mayweather sr. called it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvJItapFguQ

Comment

• Originally posted by iceman1 View Post
                      never been happier
                      for me best Cotto Performance for a long time
                      roach and cotto perfect team

had you bet $75 on cotto late tko would have been around $750 back
                      I have never bet boxing, if you bet on a KO by Cotto does TKO count? what do u mean "late TKO?" like late rounds?

If you just bet Cotto to win, do you win much less?

Either way I am happy I was at the fight really electric atmosphere, I guess Cotto was a 3-1 underdog at one point which then went down to 2-1...

No matter what I would have won, I know if I found my own bookie, I would be betting/losing a fortune, I have an addictive personality.

I tried to bet $150 on Indy in Super Bowl to lose outright, the same damn friend of my dad's decides to not return the calls, who the hell know what I would have won on that game I think Indy was favored by 7-10 points. In that Super Bowl if you did a lightning bet or whatever with total points or whatever could have won a fortune.

Again, with betting, even if I hit a hot streak, if lost like $1500 on 2 games, in my mind, I need to chase money I lost, so I would then bet like $1500 on one game to recoup losses, and if you lose again, you are in even more trouble.

This fight, besides Cotto's power punches, pinpoint timing, fighting in rhythm, and even Sergio's weak knees and age....it really comes down to heart, Cotto has it, Sergio doesn't.
                      Last edited by Miguel Tyson II; 06-08-2014, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X