No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Sergio Martinez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I suffered a knee injury when I was 18 years old. It took at least a year before I was pain-free. Sergio is 39, so his body obviously doesn't have the same recuperative powers mine did. Then again, I hurt myself decades ago and I never saw a doctor for it. Sports medicine has advanced, and Martinez obviously gets looked at by excellent doctors. The answer to our question will be known soon enough.
    I guess that makes sense. I wonder how much of the long recovery time is Martinez's age. I also wonder how bad the injury was.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post
      The knee brace isn't a concern? That's it right there. You can't be 100% if your not training at 100%...So wait a second, June 3rd comes along and by miracle his knee will be able to withstand an attack from a raging pit Bull?

I don't buy it, Cotto has fought bigger men in his career and it's Cotto Vs MaragacheatoII..IMO

P.S. It's personal

PRPP
      It's not necessarily a concern. The guy has had two knee surgeries. A knee brace is to be expected. I don't think Martinez necessarily has to wait until June 3. I think it's a strong bet that Sergio's doctors have advised him as to a good time-frame for him to fight and train. If they're wrong, they're wrong, but I tend to trust the opinion of medical professionals in matters such as these.

Like I said, it's still very early in training camp, so Sergio not going full-out doesn't mean much. I'll wager Cotto isn't going full-steam yet, either.

Comment

It's not necessarily a concern. The guy has had two knee surgeries. A knee brace is to be expected. I don't think Martinez necessarily has to wait until June 3. I think it's a strong bet that Sergio's doctors have advised him as to a good time-frame for him to fight and train. If they're wrong, they're wrong, but I tend to trust the opinion of medical professionals in matters such as these.

Like I said, it's still very early in training camp, so Sergio not going full-out doesn't mean much. I'll wager Cotto isn't going full-steam yet, either.
        I'll agree to disagree, if SM it's 100 % because Cotto will be, Cotto has a
        good chance and right now SM is playing catch up, where as Cotto is
        already plotting and preparing for an all out attack for 12 rds.. IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
          I guess that makes sense. I wonder how much of the long recovery time is Martinez's age. I also wonder how bad the injury was.
          I guess the injury was bad enough that Martinez re-injured his knee. I don't know if I'm being overly optimistic for Sergio, but I'd like to think his doctors gave him a good idea of what he'll be able to do and in what time-frame.

Comment

I'll agree to disagree, if SM it's 100 % because Cotto will be, Cotto has a
            good chance and right now SM is playing catch up, where as Cotto is
            already plotting and preparing for an all out attack for 12 rds.. IMO
            I don't see the point of arguing the matter. There are three full months of preparation left. A lot can happen in ninety days. We'll know soon enough what these guys will look like come fight night.

Comment

I don't see the point of arguing the matter. There are three full months of preparation left. A lot can happen in ninety days. We'll know soon enough what these guys will look like come fight night.
              regardless of what happens to his 2 left knee surgeries within a years time...You better believe Cotto will be ready for battle come June 7th
              and SM better be the same and Cotto's chances are on the rise..IMO

PRPP

Comment

regardless of what happens to his 2 left knee surgeries within a years time...You better believe Cotto will be ready for battle come June 7th
                and SM better be the same and Cotto's chances are on the rise..IMO

PRPP
                Cotto had better be more ready than he was for Trout. Cotto's got a real tactical challenge in front of him. And it was the right knee, not the left knee.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
                  Cotto had better be more ready than he was for Trout. Cotto's got a real tactical challenge in front of him. And it was the right knee, not the left knee.
                  I already covered this with you, it's his left knee and I like todays Cotto.

PRPP

Comment

I already covered this with you, it's his left knee and I like todays Cotto.

PRPP
                    I personally wish Cotto had taken on somebody like Demetrius Andrade so we could see more sides to Cotto under Freddie Roach. The Rodriguez fight was too short to tell us much. And it is his right knee. That's what every article after the Chavez fight was saying.

Comment

• "Tengo varias lesiones en la rodilla que provocan dolor. Estoy constantemente con una bolsa de hielo, masajes y cremas. De hecho, el dolor aparece con sólo caminar, por lo que hace un año que no corro". (Source: http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news...box&type=story)
                      "I have multiple knee injuries that are causing me pain. Constantly, I'm utilizing ice bags, massages and lotions; as matter of fact, I'm in pain by just walking which is why it has been a year since I last ran."

That was as of Feb 21st. Sergio is still recuperating, and I sure hope that he is getting better because I will not tolerate haters taking away from King Cotto once he stops Martinez.

As far as he wearing a knee brace, I would wear one as well as matter of support and control the loads to the knee if I'm recovering from an injury.

Jun 7 we will find out, and Cotto will come out with the victory and crowned the new Linear MW Champion of the World!

War Cotto!

Comment

Working...
                      X