No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach on 6th BWAA Trainer Award: “It’s Good to Be Back”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
    Definitely should've been Robert Garcia. What he did with Mickey, Maidana and Gradovich is more than enough. I can't name an impressive fight with Roach in the corner this year
    pac rios , any provo fight, cotto rodriguez are the ones that impressed me off top my head

Comment

garcia deserved that award no doubt but maybe it came down to how bad rios looked against freddy and pac

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        pac rios , any provo fight, cotto rodriguez are the ones that impressed me off top my head
        Rios and Rodriguez were not ranked in the top 10 at 147 and 154 respectively. Why are those wins impressive?

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
          garcia deserved that award no doubt but maybe it came down to how bad rios looked against freddy and pac
          Donaire looking like shit against Rigo and Darchinyan probably hurt him too. People are forgetting that Donaire really looked like crap in his two fights.

Hell, Marvin Somodio, Freddie's assistant, deserves this award more than Freddie.

Comment

Definitely should have been Angel Garcia.

Comment

ronnie shields!!!!

Comment

these writers are trhowing freddy a bone for all the information on manny he's leaked to them over the years.

you guys would be surprised just how easy it is to get the favor of a writer just by throwing him a bone ever once in a while.

freddy's classic line over the past few years has been "manny's broke.... but that's off the record."

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Didn't even think he was in the running let alone that he would win this award.
                  Esto........

Comment

Garcia had Nonito whom barley won his fight and was being outclassed in a shutout until he landed his shot. Then he had Rios whom he gave such a worthless strategy too with zero support mid-fight, causing him to lose 12/12 rounds. Gradovich is very meh, and I won't bother about Mikey, otherwise we'll end up listing every fighter that each trainer has i.e. Roach - Andy Ruiz. The main thing Garcia has going for him is definitely Maidana and his win over Broner, but besides that he's been giving **** tactics and advice to his fighters all year, or hasn't been able to get them to listen to him completely.

In the end it comes down to how Roach recovered from one of hisworst years in the sport with so many of his fighters losing, some viciously. He managed to get them back on track as Cotto, Pacquaio and Provodnikov all had lost their last fight, with Cotto and Pacquaio losing 2 in a row and being KO'd cold.
                    Last edited by T18Z; 01-29-2014, 07:27 AM.

Comment

man it should go to pedro diaz or ronnie shields.

garcia had a lightweight struggling to make welterweight and got dominated by pac all night long like a fetish session!

and the joke coach roach was blowing smoke about his own fighter talking about the ariza shakes!

Comment

Working...
                      X