Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think about 30 for 30's "No Mas"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was made with the casual fan in mind...they made it into some movie-of-the-week saga. If you are familiar with Duran you know that he will NEVER admit what they wanted him to admit.

A better story would have been a deeper profile of their careers and how they paralleled each other as they fought well past their primes.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
      Part of hte no mas had to do with Leonard running the whole fight. Whatever Duran beat him when it count Just like Fraiser beat Ali when it count the most.

Just like Esteben De Jesus beat Duran when it actually counted.

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Roberto was rushed into the rematch and failed to properly lose weight. Ray might've beaten any version of Duran that night, let alone an unprepared Roberto.

Duran's losses generally tend to coincide with him not being prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I liked it until the ending, which made it seem like the entire point was for Leonard to move on with his life because he's the good guy and Duran did him some terrible wrong.
        This is exactly how I feel.

The ending was kinda corny.

As a kid Ray Leonard was my favorite fighter...Now as I am older Roberto Duran is my favorite of the big 4.

Roberto Duran is one of those guys who was just born to fight. A top 8 ATG. I cannot say enough good things about Duran.

Guys like Duran,James Toney,Julio Cesar Chavez were designed to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          So anti climatic it kinda pissed me off
          Thats because Duran still puts a little fear in the heart of Leonard. He was afraid to really press him.

Comment

I can't find the article but there's a really good one written by a reporter who followed Duran around and was in the dressing right after the fight. Soon as Duran got in the dressing room he went straight to the bathroom. Reporter said as soon as Duran was done he looked like he was ready to go fight again.

Nobody buys that excuse but Duran quitting because he had the ****s makes as much sense as anything else. Duran would never quit because he was getting beat up. Which he wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
              I can't find the article but there's a really good one written by a reporter who followed Duran around and was in the dressing right after the fight. Soon as Duran got in the dressing room he went straight to the bathroom. Reporter said as soon as Duran was done he looked like he was ready to go fight again.

Nobody buys that excuse but Duran quitting because he had the ****s makes as much sense as anything else. Duran would never quit because he was getting beat up. Which he wasn't.
              I kinda think he did quit because he had to ****...I know its crazy to think that...Duran was out of shape and losing,but he wasn't getting destroyed or anything...I don't think he quit because he was losing...

Could you imagine how embarrassing it would be for the manliest fighter in the sport to **** himself in the middle of a fist fight,while wearing those white shorts?

I don't know man...Duran is just a fascinating guy.

Comment

Duran didn't quit

As I said before,Duran halted the boxing match to spite Leonard,he didn't
                quit.It was a botched psych strategy that most people don't understand
                because frankly most people are stupid.Most people are like insects that
                just see whats in front of their eyes without any thought process whatsoever.
                In some ways it worked because "no mas' seems to bother Leonard more
                than it does Duran,and today Duran is ranked 8th greatest PFP of all times.
                Leonard seems to keep waiting for Duran to say "You beat me",but Duran
                won't give it to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post

I would love to believe Duran's story as much as anyone else; but, as the documentary shows, there were several people close to Roberto that didn't hear anything about his troubles until after the fight. It seems reasonable to believe that Duran might just say something to his handlers before the fight began.

Comment

There was a third fight, plus who that girl in ur sig?

It was biased in favour of SRL but in all honesty Duran just has no way out of this one. He quit, end of. He quit not because he had cramps or was hurting, he quit because he couldn't fight SRL that night and things weren't going his way. It's sad but true. The truth hurts.
                    ^^^^^ This is how I feel on the subject, think Leonard is still hurt because he really wanted to stop Duran. Duran robbed Leonard of that and it still eats at Leonard to this day.

Comment

here is the article that i was talking about. it's long but worth the read. randy gordon was in the documentary.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...mas-my-version

Comment

Working...
                      X