Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you give Mares any chance against Gonzales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I chose yes the first option. Mares just can't help himself but to trade though. He can outbox Gonzalez. Abner was robbed in the Olympics.

Comment

Mares has a good shot. He just needs to fight smart and stay focused on defense.

Comment

I chose Yes, however I felt he was too comfortable, tried boxing Gonzalez too much. Watch it again. He wasn't aggressive at all, he actually showed too much respect IMO. I think he has a big chance to win, he has to be a little more aggressive next time, but be smart about it, don't stay in the pocket or within punching range. Gonzalez has good range so it's easier said than done.

Comment

Wonder what the odds will be for this fight, I am thinking maybe Mares s a favorite by something small like -1.5., which ill take anyday for someone as skilled as he is

Comment

I'll favor Gonzales, but yeah I think Mares has a chance if he fights smarter and more tactical, which he is more than capable of doing.

Comment

I'm ridding with Mares, that's my dude. I'm not hoping off because he got caught. Mares was Top 10 P4P for a reason. It could have messed with his head, but we'll see. If Gonzalez catches him again, he'll stop him again. Mares will have to fight smart, trade occasionally, but not too often.

Comment

Abner is going to outbox Johnny in the rematch, maybe even get a late TKO. The KO from the first fight is not going to affect Abner, it's not like he was out cold, if anything it's going to make him stronger because he's not going to make the same mistake.

Comment

Definitely. In fact if I had to bet I think he knocks Gonzalez out this time to set up a trilogy

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey-
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuban Linx

I give him a chance simply because Jhonny's chin has been checked several times before, he's also a very inconsistent fighter that can lose on any given night.

True, but Johnny is naturally bigger.

I wonder if Mares even has enough power to make Johnny respect him? Johnny is coming in with all the confidence in the wold and will look to take Abner's head off!

Mares has boxing skills, I just don't know why he seems to have his mind set on being a brawler...the kid does have the skills to outbox Johnny.
                    Ponce was bigger than Mares too with a better chin than Gonzalez and Mares HURT him plenty of times. And well, we know the result of the fight too.

Mares is a tough dude so I think he'll be alright. Or maybe I'm just being hopeful as a fan of his.

That shot could've fooled a lot of people and taken them out too.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Absolutely. One fight doesn't change that Mares is a damn good fighter and versatile enough to make the changes necessary to win this fight. Maybe he won't, but to count him out is crazy.

Comment

Working...
                      X