No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: September 2015 Will Be My Last Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    I personally will miss Mayweather..The things he's done for the sport,and the class he's shown in the ring was nothing short of amazing..I really want him to go out fighting a guy like Lara..If not it's cool..Mayweather has done everything he needs imo..If he stopped fighting tomorrow,he'd not only walk into the Hall,but imo he'd be in the top 20 ATG fighters of ever..

I want that Lara fight for him,if he can pull that off..For me he's a top 10 HOF imo..I have nothing but well wishes for The Money Man..Good luck..
    What has he done for the sport and tell me about the classy stuff he has done?
    I know he has paid for a boxer's funeral, but he tells people about it.
    He has outclassed many opponents, but he's not classy about it. He may say something classy like "he's a young strong champion" but negates that pretty quickly when he continually says how easy everybody was.
    He's no ambassador and he's def not classy. He's not even willing to take the toughest challenges, so in the end he may not even be an ATG. He will be remembered for trash talking, great defense and fast glass hands. You won't be seeing to many fights replayed.

Comment

• Good riddance to f*ggit mayweather. God knows he's taken the easy road to his second retirement

Comment

• God, not another two years of this moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLBlades View Post
          What has he done for the sport and tell me about the classy stuff he has done?
          I know he has paid for a boxer's funeral, but he tells people about it.
          He has outclassed many opponents, but he's not classy about it. He may say something classy like "he's a young strong champion" but negates that pretty quickly when he continually says how easy everybody was.
          He's no ambassador and he's def not classy. He's not even willing to take the toughest challenges, so in the end he may not even be an ATG. He will be remembered for trash talking, great defense and fast glass hands. You won't be seeing to many fights replayed.
          LMAO,ok..No matter what I say you've already made up your mind..

Floyd will go down as one of the greatest fighters of all time..You disputing that only let's me know I can not take you serious at all..

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            Good riddance.
            He is a great fighter but it will be good when he retires because the next number one p4p fighter can start fighting meaning and entertaining fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
              Its always hilarious seeing a keyboard warrior calling a world class fighter a coward with "no balls". Lol
              YOu certainly can't be calling Mayweather a "world class fighter"..... LOL. OMG.... this guy has been a world class hand picker of opponents, and a real horse's azz in Boxing.

Comment

• The "hate" for Mayweather by PAC fans is hilarious!!!

I like PAC but he has to be one of the dumbest boxers in history... I can't believe any intelligent person, knowing what we know about Arum and Koncz would continue to be advised by them... ODLH, PBF and (I believe) Cotto all made their biggest paydays without Arum... and Koncz, OMG, if anyone has has imbecile and slime ball written all over him it's Koncz... But this is who Manny surrounds himself with???

I've watched this saga and the reason these fights never happened were because... Manny has had tons of excuses like initially take the test - which was no big deal, then he wanted testing stipulations - this was when there're was a 50/50 offer out there... And most recently, after his PPV numbers were dropping he turns down 40 million??? Loses two of last three with his only win being over a blown up welterweight who stood right in front of him... Come on folks, Manny hasn't looked the same in a long time... That guy who ran through Hatton is gone... He hasn't been in a exciting fight in a long time - with the exception of getting planked by Marquez.

After years of his promoter manipulating him and his fans with all of the PBF ducking bull which many of you still believe - PBF doesn't need him, he's damaged goods and Arum makes it easy for PBF not wanna fight him...

Comment

• Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                  Ok where to start in your moronic rant. First of all you can't compare Ray Leonard and Hearns to Floyd. While it's true all fought at the WW limit, Ray and Hearns BEGAN their career at WW, which means they had no choice but to move up from WW. Floyd began his career at featherweight. He has already moved up 5 divisions. If you knew anything about boxing it would be obvious to you why a move to 175 or 168 to fight Ward is ridiculous.

Second, you're right Mayweather is playing a different game from the guys in the 70's 80's. It's called the PPV game. You see something you might not remember because you probably started watching boxing recently is that back then there was no such thing as PPV. Fights were on major TV, so fighters didn't have to worry about PPV numbers. Fighters didn't have to worry about ratings, boxing was a major sport back then, so fighters fought often.Today they don't, so all fighters, NOT JUST FLOYD, but all PPV fighters select their opponents based not only on ranking, but also marketability. After all no one wants to fight for free. And even in the 80's negotiations weren't easy. Leonard forced Hearns to wait a year before they fought, and ask Hagler how easy it was to get the fight with Leonard, or Pryor who never got the fight.

Third, Pryor did have to give Arguello a rematch because the public perception was that he cheated him out of the first bout. Not to mention it gave Pryor a career high 2.5 or so million dollar purse, so yeah he didn't have to fight him again but he also wouldn't have made all that money. Same goes for Duran who gave Leonard a rematch.

You keep talking about other guys here and how they never ducked anyone, but you clearly don't know the full story. Years ago fighters had no say, in what they did. The sanctioning belts were respected, networks put fights on TV, and fighters fought often. It isn't like that anymore. Doesn't diminish a fighter any less.
                  Moronic rant????? take a look at your own comments. You can't be more off base.... Nobody cares about PPV except the guy getting paid. Has nothing to do with your greatness. Floyd Mayweather could never last in the ring with Hagler or Leonard or Hearns or Duran in their prime. Pryor didn't have to fight Arguello AT ALL... EVER... but they both wanted to fight the best and they fought each other. He could have relinquished his belt and not given Arguello a rematch. Mayweather has been a real joke in Boxing. I could care less if he came up 5 divisions versus Hearns and Leonard moving up from '47 to '75, count your own divisions there... the fact remains the level of competition, who they chose to fight and when. 19 world champions Floyd fought, but who and when.... He made Cotto and Mosley wait more than 10 years to fight, well past their prime. He wouldn't fight Pacquiao in his prime. End your rant. You convince nobody Floyd is credible. This stupid comment years ago fighters had no say in who they fought...... LOL. Nobody told Ray Leonard or marvin Hagler who they were fighting.... nobody told Ali who he was fighting... they fought the best, multiple times if need be. Floyd won't do any of that, and nobody tells him who he has to fight either... and it shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modobo3 View Post
                    The "hate" for Mayweather by PAC fans is hilarious!!!

I like PAC but he has to be one of the dumbest boxers in history... I can't believe any intelligent person, knowing what we know about Arum and Koncz would continue to be advised by them... ODLH, PBF and (I believe) Cotto all made their biggest paydays without Arum... and Koncz, OMG, if anyone has has imbecile and slime ball written all over him it's Koncz... But this is who Manny surrounds himself with???

I've watched this saga and the reason these fights never happened were because... Manny has had tons of excuses like initially take the test - which was no big deal, then he wanted testing stipulations - this was when there're was a 50/50 offer out there... And most recently, after his PPV numbers were dropping he turns down 40 million??? Loses two of last three with his only win being over a blown up welterweight who stood right in front of him... Come on folks, Manny hasn't looked the same in a long time... That guy who ran through Hatton is gone... He hasn't been in a exciting fight in a long time - with the exception of getting planked by Marquez.

After years of his promoter manipulating him and his fans with all of the PBF ducking bull which many of you still believe - PBF doesn't need him, he's damaged goods and Arum makes it easy for PBF not wanna fight him...
                    Shows you just how stupid you are. He's been under contract with Top Rank, he's made massive paydays in the sport during that promotional tie. He's fought everyone, several time world champion over, has a more credible career of opponents he fought than Floyd. Stupid??? I'd say you need drug tested clown.

Comment

• Poor Showtime. They'll go broke in no time with this fake PPV king.
                      They're spending more than they make with this guy.
                      He has to be promoted heavily and supported with expensive undercards.
                      He's supposed to make them truckloads of money on his own.
                      It's like buying a ref without a freezer. You still have to buy it separately.
                      No wonder they're not producing fights as fast as they should.
                      They're putting all their eggs on this guy's basket. They want Pac, but
                      this guy is playing his Arum card. Poor Espinoza.

Where the hell is Matthysse, Guerrero, Ortiz, Berto, and many others.
                      Where's the so-called deep division? It seems to be in name only.

Comment

Working...
                      X