Rank your list of credible threats to Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
    I agree with damn near everything you said. but what about danny garcia

Gotta see Danny at 147 first. I'm not sure Danny is active enough honestly. When Lucas was pushing Garcia and ounchin prior to the eye it wasnt looking that great for Danny, but he has this maturity about him and really listens to his corner and showed a f ucking beard and you can never count guys out like that. Still, interesting matchup (as is lucas whos closer in size to manny.) but I've gotta go with Pac (for now). I think stylistically lucas favors better vs Pac due to him being in Pac's face in the trenches and if Pacs chin really HAS lost a bit then its a shoot out with Pac winning some speedy exchanges and taking punishment when he rests. I still have Pac over him too. I give Prov a better chance but coincidentally I give Danny and Lucas the edge vs Prov. I think its going to take some defense, a granity chin, and/or some damn power to fight him off. One thing is having Alvarado and Bradley trying to box prov an exchange with him on the backfoot, but Lucas and Danny dont cower and bite down even in the fire.

But yeah, I think Pac moves a bit too much for Danny but again..you never know! Thats a damn nice fight

Comment

The only people i can see picture troubling manny is ruslan @ 147 because the guy cuts over 30 pounds before a fight and lara @ 154 because the way you guys hype him up around here no one else comes close danny garcia would get TKO'ed no fukin doubt he's a litte b1tch

Comment

Right now only Mayweather. Pacquiao trained hard and looked great against Marquez until he tripped on his foot and got countered. The trip opened up his chin, without grounded legs to absorb a punch he fell asleep to a questionable roided marquez.

Fighters with styles like Thurman, Provodnikov etc, seriously thats not how you beat Pacquiao. They will all get knocked-out if they let their arms go or clam up into a shell like Clottery/Rios. How many more times must we see this?

A half-assed & unfocused Pacquiao dominated a prime Bradley, Bradley riding his tricycle all night scared to get knocked-out with no notable punches. This time around he is going to train hard for Bradley, I don't see Bradley winning at all. He will get swarmed every round non-stop.

Bradley's win over Marquez was nice for him but some things people are forgetting is that Marquez doesn't know how to effectively fight against other counter punchers that make him come forward. They give too much credit to Bradley and think it will transpire over to Pacquiao, a completely different fighter. An easy win for Bradley, if you knew Marquez and the drug testing, you would of placed a lot of money on Bradley too.
        Last edited by lamadoo; 01-17-2014, 09:28 PM.

Comment

True....people see Thurman as a HUGE threat. What about Ortiz, Guerrero, Molina or Andrade?

I heard rumors that Guerrero was working Pacquiao in sparring.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao's most credible threat is the IRS.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
              True....people see Thurman as a HUGE threat. What about Ortiz, Guerrero, Molina or Andrade?

I heard rumors that Guerrero was working Pacquiao in sparring.
              Guerrero is tough as hell, I forgot about him I dont know how that fight plays out. I'd likely (uncomfortably) favor Pac. Would not put money on it. Guerrero isnt that slow (he's got some sneaky quickness to him and range). I'm not sure how many people i'd favor over Guerrero in a dog fight but I got faith in my boy Pac. Call it a gut feeling.

No one else on that list though. (Not counting 154 pounders since he would never fight a Canelo, Trout, Lara, Angulo, Kirkland, etc at the class) too big

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                No one else on that list though. (Not counting 154 pounders since he would never fight a Canelo, Trout, Lara, Angulo, Kirkland, etc at the class) too big
                We can't discount them since Manny Has fought above 148 lbs no matter how many poster act that he didn't.

He was the WBC 154 lb champion....to a certain extent, money can make any fight possible.
                Last edited by Queen_Leia; 01-18-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Floyd and Tim

Comment

floyd jr (but someone with balls to fight him)
                    thurman
                    timmy (35%)
                    jmm

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post

You don't think Manny can beat Canelo, Trout, Lara, Angulo, Kirkland

Comment

Working...
                      X