No announcement yet.

Would a prime mayorga shock Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jetgizo View Post
    Forrest tried to trade and got hurt in the first round. Floyd's too smart for that. And Mayorgas stamina is sh.t. He couldn't keep that kind of pressure on for longer than 5 rounds.
    Actually he stretched Forrest in there first fight, then beat him in a 12 round decision in the next fight so he could go hard for 12 rounds.

Comment

this is one i wouldve like to see

Comment

Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post
        Actually he stretched Forrest in there first fight, then beat him in a 12 round decision in the next fight so he could go hard for 12 rounds.
        The first fight was over in 3 and I know this because I was there at Pechanga. My first Cali trip. The second fight went 12 rounds and was dying by the end. And that was with Forrest running for the first six.

Comment

Mayorga that beat Vernon stops Floyd the same way.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Nar Floyd will pick him off. The pre fight hype would be hilarious though

Comment

You act like cats are going in face first to against floyd... When that right hand cracks them you don't see them rushing in to get more of it. It's cracks me up when Ppl say floyd can't punch.. He's a defensive fighter that figures if the ko comes then so be it and if it don't so be it... And mayorga would have zero chance in his prime... Talking about two different specimens in the ring.. One who brawls with no defense and the other with a ring iq it would take 10 mayorgas to get to half of that iq. Floyd by late stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by FloydsLostBalls View Post
                Mayorga that beat Vernon stops Floyd the same way.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                \\

Comment

Originally posted by low_Bo View Post
                  When mayorga fought Forrest, the guy who just thrashed p4p king sugar Shane, nobody saw the vicious beatdown coming. Yes, mayorga can be out boxed, but would Floyd have been able to handle the pressure from a powerful, unorthodox, unrelenting bully? Would mayorga have gotten in mayweather's head and then knocked him unconscious like Forrest? I think prime mayorga is more of a threat to Floyd than many of his recent opponents.
                  Yes, he was just the kind to do it. He was very unorthodox with wild arms flailing around like a a threshing machine. When I saw him confound Forrest, i was reminded of the fight with Honeyghan and Curry. What I most remember about it was that Curry couldn't do a thing against him, and when Curry's or Honeyghan's backs were to the camera, all I could see were a couple of bodies and wild arms waving around at great speed. As I recall Curry retired after 5-6 rounds.

Curry was a top Lb4Lb fighter at the time and was a huge betting favourite.

Almost like a cartoon sequence.

Comment

he swings way too wide. Those looping shots would never land on Floyd and his wide shots would leave him open for Floyd to sharp shoot him straight down the pipe all night

Comment

he might shock Floyd with some of his press conference antics but in the ring, not so much...Floyd brutally picks Mayorga apart

Comment

Working...
                      X