No announcement yet.

Pacquiao not leaving Arum for Mayweather bout : inquirer.net

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So just call his bluff than Manny
    Beat Bradley win the WBO belt and when your contract with Top Rank is up negotiate the fight through the media put everything out there so there will be no excuses. He would make a lot more money leaving Top Rank for 1 fight and can sign back with them when he is done.

Comment

• If I was Pac, I would leave Arum regardless. He should not extend his contract next year and try to get a fight with Floyd. Cotto did this and the fight was made easy.If the Floyd fight still cannot be made, then he can always rejoin Top Rank-what's there to lose?

Bob is shifty and if I was Floyd, I wouldn't do any fights promoted, or co-promoted with Top Rank-especially with Floyd and Arum's history.

Comment

• "If I leave Top Rank, there’s no guarantee the fight would push through,"

this basically sums up the whole situation ... floyd will just find a new road block.

Floyd will be remembered as the biggest ducker in boxing history ... it will tarnish his reputation forever and whenever he is mentioned in any discussion his ducking of pacquiao will be brought up to show that he was no sugar ray leonard or whatever.

Floyd fans should realize this but they are too stupid to ... they can run around in circles convincing nobody but themselves forever more but 20 years from now whenever he is brought up the vast majority of fans and the public at large will just say 'Floyd mayweather ... oh yeah isn't he's the fraud that ducked Pacquiao?'

Comment

• Originally posted by kej718 View Post
          So just call his bluff than Manny
          Beat Bradley win the WBO belt and when your contract with Top Rank is up negotiate the fight through the media put everything out there so there will be no excuses. He would make a lot more money leaving Top Rank for 1 fight and can sign back with them when he is done.
          flawed logic ... everybody already knows floyd is ducking so what the point ... when floyd puts some new roadblock in place the same few people will still support it NO MATTER WHAT and everybody else will say 'yup more of the same' ... so what would that achieve?

Comment

• The thing is Pacquiao has to leave Top Rank regardless. Besides Bradley there's no one left for him to fight at Top Rank.

He'll never get another fight with Marquez. A Provodnikov or Alvarado fight would just be similar to the Rios fight. He needs to be a free agent like Cotto where he could do business with anyone. There's around 10 potential opponents at Golden Boy for Pacquiao to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
              Meanwhile Pacquiao vs Rios did 475k PPVs.

Like I said, Mayweather IS the DRAW.
              Mayweather is not a draw. Canelo was a draw and Matthysse vs Garcia was a draw

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                Which PPV sells better Mayweather Vs Khan or Mayweather Vs Pacquiao. That's what I thought. It takes two.
                No argument here but again, how many PPVs did Pacquiao sell in his last fight? How many did Mayweather sell? Who's going to do better numbers in their next fight? Who needs who more? Who has more leverage?

When was the last time Pacquiao fought an opponent who wasn't promoted by Top Rank? Last I checked, it's been a while. The governments of TWO countries are after Pacquiao for back taxes - so who's holding all the cards here? Personally, I see no issue with GB playing the same game TR plays. If the roles were reversed, you could bet your bottom dollar that TR would insist Mayweather leave GB in order to make the fight.

Any way you slice it, Mayweather IS the DRAW and he's holding all the cards...

Comment

• Originally posted by sampsonsimpson View Post
                  what you fail to realize is that irrespective of the PPVs sold, floyd still makes $30 mill plus per bout. fighting manny is an expensive promotion for his company ... i guarantee he profited more from a canelo bout than he will a pacman fight at this point
                  Exactly.

Alvarez came relatively cheap and that PPV did 2+ million buys AND broke the live gate record with Mayweather getting a sizable percentage of that money.

At the end of the day, Floyd doesn't need Pacquiao. Pacqiauo NEEDS Floyd - which is exactly why Pacquiao's people can't complete two sentences without mentioning Mayweather's name. EVERYBODY seems to realize this except for Pac.tards...

Comment

• Originally posted by BartBears View Post
                    Mayweather is not a draw. Canelo was a draw and Matthysse vs Garcia was a draw
                    Riiiiight. So you think had Alvarez fought someone other than Mayweather, with Garcia vs Matthysee on the undercard, it would do 2+ million PPVs @ $70 a pop? Is that what you're trying to say?

Stupid Pac.tards...

Comment

• Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                      Honestly. This whole, "leave Arum" campaign started from Floyd, and is another duck tactic. Manny's right. There is no guarantee that the fight gets made if he leaves.
                      I'm sure if Manny reached out to Mayweather and said after his contract is up with Arum that he would like to negotiate a fight then it would happen. But lets not mention Floyd, Manny needs to leave Arum for better fights and to make more money.

Comment

Working...
                      X