No announcement yet.

Pacquiao not leaving Arum for Mayweather bout : inquirer.net

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    What a response-Its ok that manny is refusing to fight floyd because JoeMan thinks it will be held against floyd and not manny when their resumes are looked at years from now.
    Can't wait to see either of these two retire, doe.
    Either one will seal Floyd's ducking legacy.
    It's not too late, though. If he wants to repair
    it, Floyd needs to beg for the fight ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
      You're not getting it. Stop acting like Floyd's in any position to accept or decline a fight. Manny has a boss that authorizes all of his fights and Manny's okay with that. "It depends on my promoter," does that sound familiar? Bob Arum does not want that fight to happen, so what Floyd wants or doesn't want is irrelevant.
      Bob does want the fight??? Why because he's trying to "protect" manny?? So then why would bob throw manny in with Marquez, 4 times!!! The only guy to give PAC problems and "expose" him yet arum made PAC fight him 4 times so I'm not sure where u're going with this arum doesn't want the fight???

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
        My team has done a very good job at picking my opponents it's not about how hard u work it's about how smart u work. Sounds familiar??
        Manny Pacquiao has a boss and as long as that's true nothing that Mayweather says or does matters. The only thing that matters is what Bob Arum wants, it really can't get any more basic than that.

Comment

pac should leave arum for his own good. if he wants to stay more power to him. but hes a fool. i have no doubt the fight can be made if hes not on top ranks roster tho. to me thats as clear as day. the thing keeping this fight from being made is arum vs. floyd/gbp/haymon. that bunch just wont work together. they cant.

Comment

Bob does want the fight??? Why because he's trying to "protect" manny?? So then why would bob throw manny in with Marquez, 4 times!!! The only guy to give PAC problems and "expose" him yet arum made PAC fight him 4 times so I'm not sure where u're going with this arum doesn't want the fight???
            Pac own words were something like he hasnt chosen any of his opponents for 10 years

Anyway i dot see why some dont wan him to leave. Screw floyd. Dont you boys/girls want to see him in with better talent than rios or ruslan?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Maybe it because-as you and kurt (and other manny fans) have both said a number of times-that Manny wants the fight but Bob doesn't. If this is actually the case-manny wants it and bob doesn't-then it would make sense for floyd to ask for Manny to leave Bob.

If you guys are all wrong and Manny doesn't want the fight or its not Bob preventing nhim from fighting then yes it wouldn't make sense for manny to leave TR to get a floyd fight.

I would only add one thing-Alot of you, not you specifically, suggested Floyd wouldn't fight Cotto ever, even if he left TR. As soon as cotto did, he got a floyd fight and earned his highest payday.
              I was hoping you could respond to the post above this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                Arum wont allow it. Dont want to turn this into that but its well documented team pac walked. Recent article from yahoo even stated that
                "I won't do business wit arum ever". So how exactly did team PAC walked out again??

Comment

Why would Manny leave Arum, he's institutionalized in the TR prison at this point, he doesn't know anything else or probably want to, even if it benefits him. Manny's like that old con in the "Shawshank Redemption," Brooks Hatlen. Who upon being released from prison ultimately kills himself because he finds freedom to be a terror. He actually pines away for his time behind bars because in there he was at least thought of as an important man. Manny Pacquiao is the Brooks Hatlen of boxing, so no, he won't be breaking his contract with Arum/Warden Norton.

does the rest of your family or any friends you might have know that you have down syndrome?

Comment

Manny Pacquiao has a boss and as long as that's true nothing that Mayweather says or does matters. The only thing that matters is what Bob Arum wants, it really can't get any more basic than that.
                    Who cut Floyd's check for him?? Thank u.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                      Arum saids he wants it. True or not. Floyd flat out saids no, won't do business with him. That's all we have to go off of right now.
                      He said that recently in the past few years when contracts were on the table or actual negotiations went on Arum wouldn't allow it....remember the outdoor stadium? Remember when Floyd was going to be in jail and Arum said well take this date, then Floyd got an extension to fight that day and Arum said oh Pac won't be ready then? Remember the 50/50 split days when all that had to be done was blood testing and the Pacs afraid of needles thing? (Yes Arum said that not Pac).

Floyds since given up on the fight but Team Pac did initially walk away from the first few negotiations.

Comment

Working...
                      X