No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Provodnikov: I Have a Good Chance To Beat Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john_uphold View Post
    Am I the only one who notices that Ruslan speed is right there with Pac? If not a little quicker?
    No way. Pacquiao has much faster hands than Provo.

Comment

Easy work for PAC.

Comment

Am I the only one who notices that Ruslan speed is right there with Pac? If not a little quicker?

Comment

Yes you are the only one

Comment

Originally posted by Pharlapz View Post
            I disagree but I am curious as to why you think Provodnikov's speed is similar to Pac's. Please give examples, thanks.
            On the inside where Ruslan shines, his punches are thrown very quick and tight. Now he looked quick enough in the Bradley fight, but in the Alvarado fight it was obvious he gained speed. How can you possibly explain why he has alot of speed though? All I can say is I have watched many of Ruslans fights, and he had an obvious boost in speed his last 2 fights. The man is fast, he is not a slow power puncher. He has power and speed, ugly combination.

Pacman has the boxing skills edge, but I really believe the speed is equal down the middle. Provodnikov has the power edge no doubt. I think it will be interesting to see how any great boxer reacts to Provodnikov's blows. This fight will also depend on how much Provo has improved on his game. Not the other way around, Pac is not like the monster from 08'-09'
            Last edited by john_uphold; 01-14-2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
              as long as it's not Gamboa.

This fight could potentially be a 'passing of the torch.' The only problem with Provo is that we don't know how confident he'll be without a headgear on.
              Passing of the torch?? Can ruslan even pronoun his own name in English?? This is in no way a passing of the torch type of fight. Ruslan is in no position to take over manny lol.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                this isa change in tone. he was saying before that he didn't want to fight manny.
                Yeah, I don't get it. At first, we all heard that Freddie Roach was against it, because Ruslan and Manny are friends, and he trains both fighters. We also heard that Ruslan didn't want to fight his friend. This was amid rumors that such a fight is a real possibility. Then we started hearing Freddie say that he might try to convince Ruslan to fight Manny, as Bradley might want too much for a rematch with the Pacman. He also said it would be good for Ruslan financially. And now, Ruslan says he thinks he can beat Manny. I haven't heard anything from Manny himself on the subject. Is this about making Manny look good by fighting a game, if incomplete fighter who thinks he can actually beat the multi-division champ? Are there no other fights for these two besides each other? If they do fight and Manny gets the upper hand, will he take it easy on Ruslan because he's his friend? He took it easy on Margarito, whom he said he wanted to punish for ridiculing Freddie's illness. It sounds like a BS fight designed to make Manny look good and make Ruslan rich.

Comment

I don't like that "I think", and "I have a good chance" talk from fighters. It sounds like he has too much respect for Pacquiao and has too much doubt in himself. When you talk like that you are basically defeating yourself. Talk like a winner, say you know you can beat Pacquiao, as much as people think you don't, or as much as your friends(GGG) think you don't. Other people don't believe in him but once he doesn't even believe in himself, what is the point.

Comment

Provo Always Has A Puncher's Chance, BUT Pacquiao Knows Provo Better Than HIs Wife

Provo would be an animal, but there is no guess work here. Manny is the man, was the man in camp, in all the sparring, and when it's all on the line, he exposes Provo even moreso. They aren't fighting, just for the record. This is posturing to get a Bradley rematch done for Pacquiao. Even Provo is on board with this dialogue to play the part as a viable option to speed things up with Bradley. Provo on the other hand can go knock out Marquez.

Comment

Pac beats him to a bloody mess but doesn't stop him because he's gone soft.

Comment

Working...
                      X