Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBA are ridiculous! Look at their reason for super champions!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBA are ridiculous! Look at their reason for super champions!

http://www.fight news.com/Boxing/mendoza-the-purpose-of-the-super-champions-235040#more-235040

I can't believe these guys.

It would be very difficult if there was only one world champion. Boxers would largely be sitting, waiting for an opportunity. It would be a barrier to attractive fights.
    One champ hurts their business model!

The super champions were created, contrary to what many think, to encourage less individualism and only have a single champion recognized by the fans.
    Making a super champion recognized by the four main bodies would slow down the amount of titles. However, other fighters should have a chance to be crowned, so we created a “regular” title to allow follow-up activity. But the WBA listens to all sides. If it’s not accepted, there are ways to limit the concept or perhaps seek to use it in special cases.
    We want more people to have belts just because!
    You guys are idiots.... it's your organization...enforce the rules! If they're not fighting who they're supposed to, then strip them, not make 5 new titles!

Of course they happened to leave out that they get sanctioning fees on all the champs, tripling what they'd get with one.
    WBA is ridiculous... I can't believe them.

Yes its silly their reasoning which seems to me like they are trying to claim it causes less confusion, I would prefer no more belts at all at this stage just a consensus champion.

Comment

if the world champion goes 5-0 during his title run then he becomes super champion? i guess that the reason 135 and 147 have no super champion right now Maidana and Abril must keep winning

Comment

It's just stupid that they trying to justify it...and now it doesn't look like they're doing away with super champions... if anything, they're adding more

Comment

Wealth Building Association

Comment

Knew they were a joke already
            We Be Assholes

Comment

They don't realize this just destroys any credibility in their so-called world titles. What's worse is it encourages other greedy sanctioning bodies to invent similarly ridiculous made up titles like diamond champion, champion of the decade etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
                They don't realize this just destroys any credibility in their so-called world titles. What's worse is it encourages other greedy sanctioning bodies to invent similarly ridiculous made up titles like diamond champion, champion of the decade etc.
                It's funny because they flat out say all this stuff and try to defend themselves.
                Have more belts so people have a chance to become a champion?
                WTF?!

Do they not see the problem in that?
                I just want to smack them so hard

Comment

They are a joke and so are the rest of the organizations, that's why it's our job to only recognize one champion per division.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
                    They are a joke and so are the rest of the organizations, that's why it's our job to only recognize one champion per division.
                    I wish we could do something....like bankrupt these buttholes. I remember the WBC was sooooo close to filing bankruptcy with the whole RJJ fiasco

Comment

Working...
                    X