No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Szpilka Stopped By Homeland Security, Sent Back Home

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Szpilka Stopped By Homeland Security, Sent Back Home

Polish heavyweight contender Artur Szpilka (16-0, 12KOs) has to overcome a stumbling block to enter the United States to move forward with his HBO televised fight with Bryant Jennings on January 25th at New York's Madison Square Garden. Szpilka was stopped by Homeland Security at a Chicago airport. He was sent back to Poland to get additional entry documents. He has a 48 hours.

[Click Here To Read More]

well, there goes that fight

Comment

Originally posted by UL1210 View Post
      well, there goes that fight
      Fight still 2 weeks away....could mess with mentality though

Comment

Wow that sucks . He got all the way here and they sent him back . I'd be pissed .

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          Fight still 2 weeks away....could mess with mentality though
          HBO wont wait for 2 weeks hoping he can get in, he has 48 hours, if no they will find a replacement.

Even if they can sort it all out, thats three flights from EU to US in 2 days.

Comment

What do they need to know? He's a soccer hooligan from Poland coming here for a big fight. What do they really need? They better not mess with By-By's big night. Because then I'll be forced to drink. And I do not hold my alcohol well. I could do something crazy like fall asleep while angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm drunk and angry and asleep. I'll tell you that much.

Comment

Originally posted by molinari View Post
              HBO wont wait for 2 weeks hoping he can get in, he has 48 hours, if no they will find a replacement.
              48 hours plenty of time as long as he doesn't spend a day sleeping and gets that stuff right away.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
                What do they need to know? He's a soccer hooligan from Poland coming here for a big fight. What do they really need? They better not mess with By-By's big night. Because then I'll be forced to drink. And I do not hold my alcohol well. I could do something crazy like fall asleep while angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm drunk and angry and asleep. I'll tell you that much.

Apparently some paper lost its merit with the end of 2013. This should have been taken care off by his promoters.

Comment

It should be fine. As long as he's eligible and it was just a missing document. Expediting this sort of thing is what immigration lawyers are for. Of course it isn't completely certain and it's hard to go on no real info, but there's a good chance he'll be able to go ahead from the sound of it.

Comment

10 hour flight and then told to fly right back and then over again. Not good for his health, that's about 30 hours of flying.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 01-13-2014, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X