No announcement yet.

Has Broner improved in his career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Broner improved in his career?

This broner looks exactly the same to me as the broner that fought Ponce De Leon.

Who looks exactly the same to me as the broner that fought Marcos Maidana.

He doesn't appear to have added any new tricks to his bag. He doesn't seem to have any new dimensions. He doesn't seem to have grown or learned anything as a fighter, atleast to my eye.

When compared to someone like a Danny Garcia (fair disclosure, I hate Garcia), who has very clearly matured skill wise through the course of his career, Broner appears stagnant.

So the question is, has Broner grown as a fighter?

That is what happens to fighters that dont stay active in the gym, are told they are a superstar and are given belts instead of truely earning them.... When those things happen like they did with broner, you will see a stagnation in their progress,, same thing with canelo, cintron, juarez, even jermain taylor and chad dawson

Comment

Hes a ****in bum with fast hands and a loud mouth, THATS IT. Hes Andre berto 2.0. A straight up and down fighter C+ level at best. The elites and middle of the pack fighters run through him like a hot knife through butter.

Comment

No I don't think he's changed since I saw him the first time, which is also why he will lose once again to Maidana.

He needs to learn, if he doesn't learn he'll become sharkbait in 147. Honestly I don't see him improving.

Comment

Fighting midgets his whole career. He only does well when he has confidence. you hit the guy back and put him under pressure he stops throwing.

Maidana by KO this time. The concussion from round 2 made Broner forget how badly Maidana was whooping his ass.

Comment

He is so damn flat footed and the problem is he has been fighting like that all his life so at this point it's going to be impossible to change that.

He has very quick hands but his footwork his absolutely horrible. And its sad because he is clearly athletic but the guy moves like he has cement on his feet. I don't see him beating any of the good WW's.

Comment

C+ or B fighter at best...
              He is overrated is no more special than the likes of Andre Berto, its got nothing to do with the fact if he was focused or not!
              That's a pathetic excuse, he hasn't learned to fight in a different manner he has to have fighters fight his style of fight with a slow tempo so he can pick you off, someone like Robert Guerrero would do an absolute number on Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                He is so damn flat footed and the problem is he has been fighting like that all his life so at this point it's going to be impossible to change that.

He has very quick hands but his footwork his absolutely horrible. And its sad because he is clearly athletic but the guy moves like he has cement on his feet. I don't see him beating any of the good WW's.
                He is definitely athletic, but is Athleticism synonymous with skill?

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                  C+ or B fighter at best...
                  He is overrated is no more special than the likes of Andre Berto, its got nothing to do with the fact if he was focused or not!
                  That's a pathetic excuse, he hasn't learned to fight in a different manner he has to have fighters fight his style of fight with a slow tempo so he can pick you off, someone like Robert Guerrero would do an absolute number on Broner.
                  Really when you look at the top 10 guys at WW he beats nobody. He can't walk WW's down and bully them into submission. At 140 he might be successful but as long as Garcia and matthyse are there he is not going to be the top guy.

But he definitely should go down to 140. He wont cut it at 147.

Comment

Broner can be a very formidable pressure fighter if he steps up his punch output and tosses that half ass shell.

He's at his best when he's pushing his opponent back. Against Maidana everybody is talking about using his feet but his best work was moving forward and making Maidana fight off his back foot.

Comment

Working...
                    X