Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lewis win vs Golota > Any of Wlad's wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trick question...I noticed too late the poll question asks the opposite of the thread title

I meant to vote Lewis win better - yes.

Comment

It's not an attempt to troll at all, I'm serious.

Golota, though he got DQd twice, beat up Riddick Bowe who was the best heavyweight in the world at the time.

Wlad has a few paper champs on his resume, but none of them came into his fight on the back of a great performance. What's his best win anyway? Byrd? Haye? Did either of them ever have a great heavyweight performance?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Grant was a huge win

He came with a high KO ratio, great reach, height, reminds me of Wilder.

He'd have posed problems for any boxer back then.

Lewis made mince meat out of him
        Grant wasn't really a huge win. He'd been dropped vs Golota and was losing before Golota turned into one of his alternative personalities.

He was considered a potential threat because he was bigger than Lennox and because he could punch. But he was very flawed and a former footballer I believe. He wasn't a boxer by trade.

Good win, nothing more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
          Trick question...I noticed too late the poll question asks the opposite of the thread title

I meant to vote Lewis win better - yes.
          It was meant to ask if Wlad has a better win than Lewis' win over Golota.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            When did any of those fighters smash up the legitimate champion?
            Golota didn't smash up any legitimate champions either.

Comment

It's not an attempt to troll at all, I'm serious.

Golota, though he got DQd twice, beat up Riddick Bowe who was the best heavyweight in the world at the time.

Wlad has a few paper champs on his resume, but none of them came into his fight on the back of a great performance. What's his best win anyway? Byrd? Haye? Did either of them ever have a great heavyweight performance?
              Holyfield was the best HW at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                Golota didn't smash up any legitimate champions either.
                According to some perhaps.

Whichever way you put it, Bowe was considered the best in the division alongside Lewis.
                What performances do Haye, Byrd, Povetkin, Chagaev etc have that compares to something like that?

Plus he got KTFO in the first round. And he was a top fighter.
                Last edited by LacedUp; 01-11-2014, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                  Holyfield was the best HW at the time.
                  haha. how can he be the best in the world when Bowe knocked him out? You can't even read boxrec properly.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                    Agreed on that, definitely would have been interesting to see how Vitali could have dominated if he was active between 2005-08...

This - exactly, it actually reminds me now of how the Lewis v Grant fight was - Undisputed (Well, Wlad is pretty much right now) world champ from Europe fighting a big, athletic American hype job. Even the tale of the tape is similar, Wilder is slightly bigger and has more reach than Wlad just like Grant had over Lewis, you can even imagine the fight would go the same way, Wilder would come out aggressively like Grant did and then promptly collapse when he eats a few clean shots, if Wlad really wanted it I could see a similar early ending but you can't deny Wilder is potentially dangerous with his power so I could see it going a bit longer...
                    Wlad is a more cautious fighter at this stage of his career. It will probably not be KO1, but Wlad stops him during the middle rounds after a cautious start by both men.

Comment

haha. how can he be the best in the world when Bowe knocked him out? You can't even read boxrec properly.
                      Sure you can, Holyfield was a much more skilled, all-round fighter than Bowe. Anybody can get caught, especially at HW.

Comment

Working...
                      X