No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Khan Could Give Floyd Mayweather Problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
    True, Roy's the man, he's one of my favorite fighters of all time and always will be but in this instance our opinions are wildly divergent.
    Yeah, maybe an old sage like you can enlighten lil' Roy.

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
    Well you've started giving me ideas and they all involve your mouth, crazy glue, broken glass and my d1ck.
    C'mon, Slip, those ideas have been festering in your head for quite a while now. There must be a lot of nervous kids and stray cats in your hood.

Comment

Floyd fighting an amateur boxer on PPV. Go ahead and watch it Roy!

Comment

Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
        Who did roy and floyd avoid? And who didn't get the rematch they deserved?
        I agree with jones, Khan pose more problems for Floyd than Maidana ever will.... with Maidana is the same come forward style, style that Mayweather is so familiar with, there is no way maidana hurts May the way he hurt Broner, and for those who say may will KO Khan, you couldn't be more wrong, Mayweather can KO nobody.....it would be an enigma to see what breaks first...Mayweather's soft hands or Khan's made in china chin.

Comment

Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
          Who did roy and floyd avoid? And who didn't get the rematch they deserved?
          Roid: Gerald McLellan, Stevie Collins, Nigel Benn, Chris Eubank, Dariusz Michaelczewski. These are just the important ones when Roid was in his prime and considered top dog.

Floyd: Manny Pacquiao, Margarito, Pacquiao, Prime Cotto, Pacquiao, Manny Pacquiao, Pac Man, and Manny Pac.

If any of those names appeared more than once, it is because each listing represents a different excuse as to why he wouldn't fight that particular fighter.

Comment

The people who completely write off Khan because of his suspect chin really do not understand how styles make fights. Khan's boxing skills have to be some of the best in the boxing game. He definitely needs to improve on the mental aspect of his game and pick his exchanges wiser, but the guy WILL hit and confuse any boxer in the game.

Let's not forget before Danny Garcia stopped him, he was taking him to school in a bad way. Not to take anything away from Danny, he is a good fighter but Khan could have outboxed him and won the fight. I will be looking forward to the rematch if Khan Mayweather does not fall through.

Mayweather has the same type of fighters thrown at him, pressure fighters and supposed power punchers. How about they switch the game up? If there is really a pick between Khan and Maidana, picking Maidana just because he made Broner look bad means nothing to Floyd. Broner is not Floyd in any type of way, just because he is ****y, flashy and black does not make him the same in the boxing ring. Maidana did not knock out Khan. Yes he had him running around the ring for dear life, but he still could not stop Khan. So keep dreaming if you think he will be a challenge to Floyd's chin or his defense.

I believe Floyd may be the best at fighting technical and finding out how to win. I do not see Khan winning this fight, but it would be great to see him challenged as far as pure boxing goes. I predict a great boxing match if this fight happens. Khan will not let this fight stay too technical. He will get in and punch Floyd more than people think keeping him on his toes, and Floyd will do what he does, find a way to win..

Comment

He has to stay true to what he said in the past...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blYlV...loZjHw&index=1

Comment

I don't think Roy is sincere here.

Comment

Originally posted by john_uphold View Post
                  The people who completely write off Khan because of his suspect chin really do not understand how styles make fights. Khan's boxing skills have to be some of the best in the boxing game. He definitely needs to improve on the mental aspect of his game and pick his exchanges wiser, but the guy WILL hit and confuse any boxer in the game.

Let's not forget before Danny Garcia stopped him, he was taking him to school in a bad way. Not to take anything away from Danny, he is a good fighter but Khan could have outboxed him and won the fight. I will be looking forward to the rematch if Khan Mayweather does not fall through.

Mayweather has the same type of fighters thrown at him, pressure fighters and supposed power punchers. How about they switch the game up? If there is really a pick between Khan and Maidana, picking Maidana just because he made Broner look bad means nothing to Floyd. Broner is not Floyd in any type of way, just because he is ****y, flashy and black does not make him the same in the boxing ring. Maidana did not knock out Khan. Yes he had him running around the ring for dear life, but he still could not stop Khan. So keep dreaming if you think he will be a challenge to Floyd's chin or his defense.

I believe Floyd may be the best at fighting technical and finding out how to win. I do not see Khan winning this fight, but it would be great to see him challenged as far as pure boxing goes. I predict a great boxing match if this fight happens. Khan will not let this fight stay too technical. He will get in and punch Floyd more than people think keeping him on his toes, and Floyd will do what he does, find a way to win..
                  Khan only lasted 3 and a half rounds against Garcia. We won 2 rounds then got knocked down then stopped. I'd hardly call that. A schooling lol. Maybe if he out boxed him for 9 rounds then got caught you'd have a point.

Comment

wow they are trying too damn hard to sell this fraud matchup, khan is a damn bum, FOH. i hope this PPV tanks please let this do horrible numbers, floyd is under the impression he's this big attraction when he only does big numbers vs big name mexicans. i hope this PPV is worst than that guerrero mismatch. the only fight people wanna see is vs pacquiao. il even take a cotto rematch right about now since cotto busted his face open and gave him a close fight.

Comment

On paper Khan does have attributes to cause anyone problems. In reality, he loses badly to B level fighters and up and struggles with C level fighters.

With that being said I don't have a problem with the fight because if Maidana is the option the outcome will be the same minus the possible KO.

One of the biggest myths on here was Khan was giving Garcia problems. He was winning the fight but Garcia was timing him the whole time and Khan did not have a clue until it was too late.

Comment

Working...
                      X