No announcement yet.

Cuban Police Capture Boxing Champ Attackers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    This is good news. Especially the part about him returning to training immediately.

He's a very talented fighter and will make noise at the next Olympics. Hopefully he will be able to have some sort of pro career and test his skills against the best at the pro level.
    Agreed to all .. It's kinda crazy that one of the assailants was on the Cuban team at on time .

Comment

Originally posted by MODAPHUKA View Post
      Well , here in Miami lately they've been stealing horses. Ive seen like 3 or 4 cases in the past months. Just a few days ago they found a horse head in a park. I think that was brujeria related though.
      Horse thieves. They used to hang modaphukas back in tha day for that shit. lol

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        It's nice to know that La Cruz didn't suffer long-term damage. It's sad as hell to read that one of his assailants was previously arrested for stealing livestock.
        Not being funny mate but you got kids all over the states shooting each other over $20 drug deals and "reputations"
        Stealing a number of cows worth hundreds and hundreds in a rural area when there is an established black market is a lot smarter than that and comparatively victimless, especially seeings as nigh on all of them belong to state
        Also it's a real tradition in the Caribbean going back centuries to swipe livestock

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
          Not being funny mate but you got kids all over the states shooting each other over $20 drug deals and "reputations"
          Stealing a number of cows worth hundreds and hundreds in a rural area when there is an established black market is a lot smarter than that and comparatively victimless, especially seeings as nigh on all of them belong to state
          Also it's a real tradition in the Caribbean going back centuries to swipe livestock
          The tradition part I was unaware of. It just sounds sad that people are going around stealing...food.

Comment

It developed out of people illegally hunting wild pigs and exported the leather goods with out paying levies, the original "buccaneers", centuries ago

Beef isn't massively common in Cuba because they for some reason don't have many cows (don't think the grass they have is great for them) and what they do have is largely rationed for youngsters to have a little bit of, plus the milk which doesn't keep well in the tropical climate just gets powdered and tastes like cr*p!
            So it's something you can turn a real profit on illegally

In Britain people steal sheep quite a lot and certainly fish and game

I remember when I was staying up in the mountains in Crete their mafia were rustling sheep like you wouldn't believe, and bees! Yup bees! People getting killed over it, crazy vendettas!! It's a mad world out there!

Comment

Julio Cesar La Cruz is world-class talented, as an amateur or pro. He'll be a world champ if he manages to leave Cuba. At least two more superbly talented Cubans will be fighting in the WSB tomorrow versus Azerbaijan: Yasnier Toledo and Robeisy Ramirez. Erislandy Savon will be on the card, too. He doesn't look bad either.

There are probably at least four or five Cubans on the "Domadores" team that I can easily see becoming professional world champions someday. Roniel Iglesias is another name, although he's not on for tomorrow.
              Hopefully, Toledo and Ramirez got their issues sorted out so they can get paid. But I swear... If a boxer like Robeisy Ramirez was to come to the U.S., he would surpass Joel Casamayor as being the highest grossing Cuban boxer in the U.S. Savon got shafted last year at the world championship in Almaty, Kazakhstan:

how did Roniel Iglesias get back on the team? I thought he was supposed to be banned for a year for "indiscipline?"

Comment

Originally posted by Art-illery View Post
                Hopefully, Toledo and Ramirez got their issues sorted out so they can get paid. But I swear... If a boxer like Robeisy Ramirez was to come to the U.S., he would surpass Joel Casamayor as being the highest grossing Cuban boxer in the U.S. Savon got shafted last year at the world championship in Almaty, Kazakhstan:

Thanks for the video although now I almost wish I didn't see it. An argument for either fighter in the first round would be ok but I thought Savon controlled 2 and 3 fairly easily . Damnnnn..

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
                  It developed out of people illegally hunting wild pigs and exported the leather goods with out paying levies, the original "buccaneers", centuries ago

Beef isn't massively common in Cuba because they for some reason don't have many cows (don't think the grass they have is great for them) and what they do have is largely rationed for youngsters to have a little bit of, plus the milk which doesn't keep well in the tropical climate just gets powdered and tastes like cr*p!
                  So it's something you can turn a real profit on illegally

In Britain people steal sheep quite a lot and certainly fish and game

I remember when I was staying up in the mountains in Crete their mafia were rustling sheep like you wouldn't believe, and bees! Yup bees! People getting killed over it, crazy vendettas!! It's a mad world out there!
                  Bro, it's been a while since I actually learned something around here. lol Bravo.

Comment

Hopefully, Toledo and Ramirez got their issues sorted out so they can get paid. But I swear... If a boxer like Robeisy Ramirez was to come to the U.S., he would surpass Joel Casamayor as being the highest grossing Cuban boxer in the U.S....
                    Easily. Ramirez is one of the few Cubans that can be turned into a real star. He has all the ingredients...if he leaves Cuba soon. Robeisy's young, charismatic, always smiling, good looking, big enough to fight at 135 or higher and, most importantly, kicks ass.

how did Roniel Iglesias get back on the team? I thought he was supposed to be banned for a year for "indiscipline?"
                    Forgot about that...but he's listed on the WSB website as being on the Cuban team.

Comment

It's nice to know that La Cruz didn't suffer long-term damage. It's sad as hell to read that one of his assailants was previously arrested for stealing livestock.
                      Hey that is a serious charge in Cuba when i go there my friends tell me it's easier to kill someone than a cow and probably get in less trouble for it too, they where fking with me (I hope) but is still funny as **** killing a cow even if you own it is illegal lol

Havana, Jan 10 (IANS) A special Cuban police unit has apprehended two suspected robbers for the weekend attack and shooting of two-time world boxing champion Julio Cesar La Cruz.

“Following an investigation, the special police unit arrested the perpetrators,” the interior ministry said in a statement Thursday, reports Xinhua.

La Cruz, world champion at Baku in 2011 in the 81-kg category, and again at Almaty in 2013, was wounded by a gunshot in the early morning hours of Jan 4 in the city of Camaguey, 570 km east of Havana, outside a recreational centre.

La Cruz, who spent a night at the hospital before being discharged Jan 5 for recovering “favourably”, was accompanied at the time of the attack by Leiner Pero, who is also a member of the Cuban national boxing team. Officials didn’t say whether Pero was also injured in the incident.

The assailants were identified as Freidys Felix Arias Matos, on conditional release since August on charges of robbery and assault, and Kelvis Lazaro Ballester Guerrero, who has a criminal record for stealing livestock.

“Both confessed to committing the crime to steal and said they did not know the identity of the victims,” said the ministry.

The Cuban Boxing Federation said La Cruz will return Friday to team training.

Article Link: http://www.canindia.com/2014/01/cuba....0aUNUhlk.dpuf
                      Very surprised it was common thieves, and they probably got the gun thanks to the corrupt fkers in the police or the army but people gotta make a living somehow.

Comment

Working...
                      X