No announcement yet.

Prime Floyd Mayweather vs. Prime Pernell Whitaker at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Floyd Mayweather vs. Prime Pernell Whitaker at 147

Who do you think wins in this fantasy fight? Floyd said that as a 17 yrs.old kid he sparred with Pernell back in 1994.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBaKrk9ZQ7w

Floyd would probably edge Pea because his right hand lands cleaner but it could go either way.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
      Floyd would probably edge Pea because his right hand lands cleaner but it could go either way.
      As much as I want to pick floyd-I always have thought sweet pea would likely beat him.

Comment

i honestly don't know who would win.........but this would be a celtics-lakers type rivalry.

Comment

Floyd at 130-135 was demonic. I don't think anyone at those weights could live with him.

Comment

Their boxing skills are unquestionable but I will go to sweet pea coz of an edge in offense.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinFloyd View Post
              Their boxing skills are unquestionable but I will go to sweet pea coz of an edge in offense.
              Pea certainly didn't have the edge in offense

Comment

I'd go with Floyd because he has more power. Especially at 130-35

Comment

I don't think Whitaker was at his best at 147. But style-wise, this sucks for both guys. But I think Floyd really struggles with Whitaker's movement and southpaw jab. I could see Pea losing a controversial split decision that most believe he should have won.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    As much as I want to pick floyd-I always have thought sweet pea would likely beat him.
                    To me Floyd lands cleaner and judge friendly punches which will would probably give him the edge a razor tight back and forth fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X