• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RadioCart View Post
    i just dont understand how you guys can defend decisions

i thought you watch boxing for knockouts
    lmfao..dude get a damn life and shut the **** up..this is just ******

Comment

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
      So Muhammad Ali wasn't great, since he won most of his fights by decision?
      so we should get rid of the knockout rule, cause thats what your saying

every fight should be a decision then?

Comment

no its not...most people come to see spectactular knockouts thats what boxing fans want...not decisions

Comment

Originally posted by RadioCart
          Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike D

Easier said than done, bro. These are fighters at the world level. **** ain't easy. And shooting for spectacular KOs can also get you murked. Manny paid that price dearly.

floyd still should be stopping these guys man... i know its not easy

my problem with decision wins, is that their ultimatelly subjective, and the judges have different criteria of judging a fight

stoppping your opponet, is the true way to win because you win, pretty much objectivelly (although the ref is the one that makes the decision)..but its still pretty objective... you win, you shown true dominance

even if it is a dominating decision, you never stopped that opponent, you just beat him in whatever how many rounds that fight was

ok you dominate a guy in 12 rounds, but say the fight was a 20 rounder....... whats to say the other opponet that has been losing those 12 rounds, starts to kick it up a notch, maybe he has conserved his stamina better.. and starts to take over....

thats my problem with victories by scorecards
          So, based on that theory if figher X is getting his asz totally destroyed for 11.5 rounds, and I mean one 100% beat down by fighter Y, and with 30 seconds out, X just throws a blind, one crazy shot and lands, stopping Y means that he is better than him? Fugg no man.

These are top level athles and ***** is not like you may think. Sometime the stoppage happens, sometimes it does not.

Im sure Floyd or any other one out there will hurt you they will go for the kill. Its not like they will just relax and let you recover so they could go for extra rounds.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

ask most boxing fans and see what they watch boxing for....

knockouts or decisions? guess what their going to pick
            The answer will be (well, should be) competitive fights...and those come via decision and via knockout.

I'm not sure its fair to label all decisions boring when any of us can list dozens of fights to the contrary

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
              So, based on that theory if figher X is getting his asz totally destroyed for 11.5 rounds, and I mean one 100% beat down by fighter Y, and with 30 seconds out, X just throws a blind, one crazy shot and lands, stopping Y means that he is better than him? Fugg no man.

These are top level athles and ***** is not like you may think. Sometime the stoppage happens, sometimes it does not.

Im sure Floyd or any other one out there will hurt you they will go for the kill. Its not like they will just relax and let you recover so they could go for extra rounds.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

so you want to gid rid of the knockout rule too.... and everything be a decision right...wow....lol

most boxing fans want knockouts not decisions...

Comment

floyd the fraud is just waiting for another sucker punch for him to score a ko win.

Comment

the BWAA has given out 11 Fight of the Year awards

6 are decisions...and 2013 will most likely be a decision as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                    the BWAA has given out 11 Fight of the Year awards

6 are decisions...and 2013 will most likely be a decision as well.
                    ok lets just get rid of knockouts then.......every fight be a decision

thats pretty much what all these posters on this forum are saying

Comment

ok lets just get rid of knockouts then.......every fight be a decision

thats pretty much what all these posters on this forum are saying
                      5 of those fights are knockouts

Comment

Working...
                      X