No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Says Alfredo Angulo Will Be Foe on March 8th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JosephVelder View Post
    im ok with this, lara should fight gARCIA ON THE UNDERCARD, WINNER GETS THE Canelo lottery.
    Garcia? What?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      That's a big mystery how this guy got so much following, other than the hair. His style is not normally appreciated by Mex fans: low workrate, bad stamina, won't take a punch to deliver his, won't go all out even when he's hopelessly behind. Usually in boring fights.

my spanish isn't great, but alvarez is extremely charismatic.

my brother is a casual boxing fan at best. he describes canelo as "looking like an action figure / superhero" he is drawn to canelo for what he does / is outside of the ring.

people gravitate toward charisma. it sells.

there's also a distinct lack of mexican draws outside of he and chavez jr. JR used to be pretty popular i'm led to believe. people don't respect who he is. canelo is the alternative. part of his popularity is the timing.

finally, he's getting a huge push from goldenboy. marketing is a powerful tool when you have the capital. in part, alvarez is popular because goldenboy has paid for and worked toward him becoming popular.

Comment

• lara already lost to Molina

Comment

• Originally posted by Jalisciense909
          Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Lara with less experience in the pros has the best resume at 154 behind Molina. I'd say even in front of Molina.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

The kid is 23 years old, give him a damn break. I'm sure Canelo will have a very respectable resume by the time he is 25 or 26. And his current resume is very respectable for a 23 year old.

Carlos Molina - Ishe Smith, Cory Spinks, Kermit Cintron, James Kirkland, Erislandy Lara. Not to mention Mike Alvarado and J.C. Chavez Jr. fights at lower weights that many people thought he won.

Erislandy Lara - Austin Trout, Vanes Martirosyan, Alfredo Angulo, Carlos Molina, Paul Williams.

I think their resumes are about the same. But you're Cuban so maybe that's why you favor Lara's. I think a rematch between Lara and Molina will settle who the best at 154 is.
          Wasn't my initial remark 'behind' Molina? It's disputable cause Molinas other wins/fights were not 154. I don't favor anyone over anyone based on nationalities. If someone is better I'd say so.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by mex602 View Post
            lara already lost to Molina
            So maybe Canelo shoudlve fought Molina who has a belt as well and is a Mexican like Angulo so it will sell as well so why not that? Cuz Molina will smother Alvarez and win a easy UD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
              Lara had an extensive amateur record so he payed his dues in amateurs so him being 25 and fighting a learning fight against a losing record fellow is irrelevant. You had to go all the way to a second fight to poke holes why not the fites after getting a title belt the ones that count i mean Canelo won a vacant title vs Matthew "not so Ricky" Hatton, defended against no hopers and shot fiters. Also thats the only guy with a losing record on Lara's resume. If Lara is so bad maybe Canelo should snatch his title easy money? no?

Why not fellow compatriot Carlos Molina who holds the IBF version? Canelo aint taking no risks and that mayweather fite was a payday besides Trout Canelo is a sad hype job.

Assuming you are Mexican you guys have pile high of World Champions to back yet ppl still wanna back jokers like Canelo and Chavez. I even rate Demarco, Jhonny Gonzalez and Orlando Salido above these clowns.
              Assuming you're from wazistan you support the GOAT Amir khan

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                Yea in his second pro fight and that was the ONLY person he fought with a losing record. Meanwhile cAnelo fought Francisco vallanueva 3 times. He kod him twice and then won a SD lol. He's lucky that fight has no video he prob got his ass whooped with judges already paid off
                Oh yeah, Canelo beating a 4-5 Francisco Villanueva at 16 years old is very much the same as Erislandy Lara beating a 4-21-2 fighter at 25 years old, LMAO. Oh, then Canelo beat Villanueva two more times at 18 years old, that's getting a little bit closer to 25, LMAO.

You're a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by mex602 View Post
                  it depends but their style will NEVER be ppv fan friendly.

Its like a baseball team scoring by only bunting the ball GTFO here with that fans want to see Home RUns.

If they try to be fan friendly and grow balls they will get checked

didnt rigo get dropped by marroquin???? we all just saw what happened with Lara.
                  Dude u are so reaching right now .. Who cares if u get knocked down if u get back up, look , that right there is super exciting.
                  Those two are boxer/ counter punchers . Like Rafael Marquez , but Marquez has u guys . And Lara and rigo's people are stuck on an island not able to view ppv . You want to hold that against them , gohead .. They box the $h!t out of everybody ..

Comment

• Both coming off loses, should be a great scrap.

War Canelo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                      So maybe Canelo shoudlve fought Molina who has a belt as well and is a Mexican like Angulo so it will sell as well so why not that? Cuz Molina will smother Alvarez and win a easy UD.
                      Or maybe Canelo is fighting Angulo because he's just coming off a loss? Angulo isn't exactly a slouch lol the fight can go anyway.

I don't know why some fans get so worked up if someone isn't fighting who they want them to fight or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                      X