Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the biggest hype job in boxing today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
    Curious as to how Mikey made this list. He is a fight fan's wet dream
    A lot on this list seem to divide opinions, some people aren't sold at all while others are impressed and don't see how they could be seen in a negative light, while others don't even agree that certain fighters are hype jobs. It's all subjective, that's what makes it interesting afterwards when you see some unexpected results...interesting or even shocking to some.

Comment

• Ahh gotcha then. For the record, I voted Wilder. In my own unprejudiced opinion he has everything going for him until he challenges himself. I bet Arreola smokes him at this juncture. Don't know how he even won bronze at the Olympics, much less qualified for the US team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
        Ahh gotcha then. For the record, I voted Wilder. In my own unprejudiced opinion he has everything going for him until he challenges himself. I bet Arreola smokes him at this juncture. Don't know how he even won bronze at the Olympics, much less qualified for the US team.
        I think it's more to do with the poor quality of US amateurs recently, especially since he was the only US boxer to win a medal and only a bronze (basically just getting to the semis of the competition, 2 or 3 wins?

BTW, nice sig man

Comment

• An interesting look back at the poll that was conducted a few months back - I wonder who people would vote for now - would you take back voting for Canelo if you could?

Comment

• Broner..................

Comment

• Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
              Was reading a thread and saw this being mentioned and thought to myself, ok, why not! Let's see what people really think and let's expose who NSB really thinks is the real deal or true hype jobs!

Now, i'm not personally saying any of these boxers are hype jobs, they are simply some which we all know have been accused of being such.

I'll make a poll with whoever I can think of off the top of my head:

GGG
              Sergey Kovalev
              Tim Bradley
              Deontay Wilder
              Rigo
              Canelo
              Mikey Garcia
              Erislandy Lara
              Lomachenko
              Tyson Fury

Seems like enough,

Vote and Discuss!

These are the most popular picks, feel free to name and shame any others you feel deserve a mention in the comments!
              The biggest hype-job isn't even on the list .... no contest:

Amir Khan

Comment

• Ricky Burns

PRPP

Comment

• I got no idea how this exact list was made, I know that a few names were from an argument some guys were having asking one another to make a poll to find out whether Kovalev or Bradley was seen as more of a hypejob. The rest were just other mentioned names or those off the top of my head.

Broner certainly should have been on the list, same with Khan. I think Broner would have probably got the most votes.

Burns can't be a hype job IMO because no one ever rated him highly or hyped him to my mind, he was always seen as just a belt holder and never a serious theat to anyone relevant.

Comment

• Thought I'd bump this thread I made a looong time ago - it's been a while and it is quite amusing to see the results that we picked in the poll at the time!

Anyone's opinions changed, and if so, why?

Would you change your votes if you could?

Comment

• Most of the guys on this list have proven to be legit

Comment

Working...
                      X