Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sillakh said he had to fight as a kid because he was called n****r

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"******" in Russian is a different word?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chorn

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      It doesnt mean the same thing and it is normal over there
      So Ismayl was offended for no reason. Seems legit.

Lol seriously? Yes they do. They phrase African American was created to replace black because people were offended, even tho most blacks in the US have no relationship with africa
      They were offended by older terms like negro or colored. You should look it up before saying stupid ****.

With the political consciousness that emerged from the political and social ferment of the late 1960s and early 1970s, blacks no longer approved of the term Negro. They believed it had suggestions of a moderate, accommodationist, even "Uncle Tom" connotation. In this period, a growing number of blacks in the United States, particularly African-American youth, celebrated their blackness and their historical and cultural ties with the African continent. The Black Power movement defiantly embraced Black as a group identifier. It was a term social leaders themselves had repudiated only two decades earlier, but they proclaimed, "Black is beautiful".
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American

Black people offended by the word black, lmao!

Comment

Lol seriously? Yes they do. They phrase African American was created to replace black because people were offended, even tho most blacks in the US have no relationship with africa
        Absolute and utter bullshit, go look up the ACTUAL reason African American is used.

Comment

I could see this being similar to the Freddie Roach/Robert Garcia situation. "Mexican" in itself isn't offensive, but placed in the right context, like in a trash talking situation, calling someone a Mexican is meant as an insult because it comes with the implication that being a Mexican is bad. And it becomes especially clear if comes with an adjudicative like "you fucking Mexican."

Same with nigger in Russia. Nigger in itself isn't bad, but it can be used in derogatory manner. Seeing how Kovalev said "purebred nigger", he obviously didn't mean it in friendly way.
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-04-2014, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Comment

i might just get drunk and see what reading troll/low iq nsb threads is like while im drunk.

wheres the saturday night boxing drunk thread? i saw fri nite one.

Comment

Maybe he should stop being so sensitive and grow a pair and while he is at it spring for a passable chin if he wants to continue boxing as a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  I'm not saying Kovalev hates all black people, I don't even know what goes through his head. But this is for all the dumbasses who said "the word doesn't mean the same thing in eastern europe, it's normal over there". Then why the **** did Ismayl get offended?
                  Why? Imagine your skin colour was purple and you live in a country where everybody's skin colour was orange. So all the kids start calling you purple. Purple this, purple that. Kids can be very insensitive. Wouldn't you get offended?

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    Why? Imagine your skin colour was purple and you live in a country where everybody's skin colour was orange. So all the kids start calling you purple. Purple this, purple that. Kids can be very insensitive. Wouldn't you get offended?
                    Yeah, that's how I see it.

Comment

wouldn't doubt it....i tried to explain this MONTHS ago with people (we got into a debate about calgary AB and other countries, russia was brought up)

Russia has a huge xenophobia problem..........

"at one point The number of violent attacks on non-white foreigners peaked in 2007, when up to 5 were killed each month"

"Nearly 70 percent of Russians have negative feelings toward people of another ethnicity, Ustinov’s research found!"

Comment

Working...
                      X