No announcement yet.

Sillakh said he had to fight as a kid because he was called n****r

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
    It's 'common knowledge' that "it's dangerous for a black person to walk down the street" in the Ukraine. At least that's what we hear in my part of the world (California).
    Disagree, it highly depends on where and when and who you are. Now, maybe if you are one black man walking in some alley at night you might p1ss off some nationalist who could attack you. Then again, this is the same for any race anywhere randomly getting attacked - it's like saying it's dangerous for 1 white guy to be walking down a street or near a project where the residents are all black.

I was in Kyiv, Ukraine (capital city) last summer and I saw a fair few black guys, many are students from Nigeria and other African countries, there was a few 'African Americans' even who were chatting with some locals in a subway station, a large group of black guys (probably tourists, I dunno) another time, and a funny situation on the subway where I was in a packed carriage and there was 1 black guy just standing in the middle, I think he might have been some sort of athlete or something but anyway no-one was staring at him or even paying attention to him really. Now, i'm not saying racist hate crimes don't exist, they definitely do, but it is understandable, multi-culturalism hasn't been forced onto the population and some simply don't want it, or are some brainwashed nationalists who are zenophobic or others who just harbour hate. The general population either doesn't mind/care or won't show any negative emotions.

And to be honest, there was a story of a guy who was attacked in the early hours because he was speaking Ukrainian on his phone and some Russia-siding fools didn't like it. This is just instances of hate that can happen to anyone at any time, you can't just believe hearsay if you have no experience or true knowledge of what you are believing.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      The people who claim that are pressing an agenda and it's beyond obvious.
      The word is not offensive when it's being used by whites between whites...it's a word for 'black person' ('negr', 'negro' (black) not 'n****r'), same as the word 'n1 gga' between blacks isn't offensive, on the contrary basically calling them 'a fellow black brother' (am I wrong?).

So if it's not offensive between blacks and it's not offensive between whites, that's not the problem of the party using it - if the word simply to describe a black person is offensive to the black person in their point of view, obviously this is not going to lead to changing the term that is used amongst whites and not seen as offensive to appease the offended party....double standards?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        I'll try to find the full HBO coverage and upload it on youtube. I remember he said "They called me n****r and I said what? Who's n****r?"

Let's replace it with black.

"They called me black and I said what? Who's black?"

Does that make sense to you? Unless Ismayl was color blind or something.
        nyegr means black. ismayl talks too much..how the f else you want us to call them. and what about countries Niger and Nigeria?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Maybe he should stop being so sensitive and grow a pair and while he is at it spring for a passable chin if he wants to continue boxing as a pro.
          Sensitive?? if you could be a black man growing up in Russia you would be singing a different tone.

Just how ***ish get pissed Mel Gibson still gets love in Hollywood. A lot of people still love Mel Gibson movies like Brave Heart and the Patriot and they don't think twice because there not ***ish. Most people dont care because it doesn't affect them or their race.
          Last edited by tank17211; 01-05-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
            The word is not offensive when it's being used by whites between whites...it's a word for 'black person' ('negr', 'negro' (black) not 'n****r'), same as the word 'n1 gga' between blacks isn't offensive, on the contrary basically calling them 'a fellow black brother' (am I wrong?).

So if it's not offensive between blacks and it's not offensive between whites, that's not the problem of the party using it - if the word simply to describe a black person is offensive to the black person in their point of view, obviously this is not going to lead to changing the term that is used amongst whites and not seen as offensive to appease the offended party....double standards?
            You are a clown man blacks use the word n***a and it is not cool. It is a unacceptable and derogatory word leftover from slavery times. the way blacks use of the word in speech nowadays is no different from women friends who call each other b**ch in conversation with each other. Its acceptable for them to do it between each other but let you call her a B**ch and see how she reacts.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Lol seriously? Yes they do. They phrase African American was created to replace black because people were offended, even tho most blacks in the US have no relationship with africa
              Truly one of the most ignorant comments I've read on this website. Please do not speak for a group of people of which you are not apart of.

Comment

The more I hear about Ukraine and Russia in these "Kovalev Is Racist" threads, the more I like them. The native ethnic groups in these nations still have their backbones. They refuse to allow themselves to be pigs led to the slaughter by ******* ideology that guilt trips the founding ethnic group to hand over everything to minority populations and invading immigrant hordes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
                  nyegr means black. ismayl talks too much..how the f else you want us to call them. and what about countries Niger and Nigeria?
                  And the winner for biggest dumbas on the planet goes to............

Comment

Originally posted by FrankSucketts View Post
                    The more I hear about Ukraine and Russia in these "Kovalev Is Racist" threads, the more I like them. The native ethnic groups in these nations still have their backbones. They refuse to allow themselves to be pigs led to the slaughter by ******* ideology that guilt trips the founding ethnic group to hand over everything to minority populations and invading immigrant hordes.
                    This why they leave their native country to become a global star in America.

Comment

People who get upset over racial slurs I just fell bad for, I mean they must of have shitty parents who didnt raise them right. How can you let someone have power over you with just a simple word, pfft pathetic grow up.

Comment

Working...
                      X