Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Superman Soars: BoxingScene's 2013 Fighter of the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradley had a better year. Beat a top 5 P4P guy off his KO of Pac and also beat Ruslan, who is is 10X better then boone, cloud and bellew combined, even if it was razor close

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
      Who the hell did Kovalev beat thats better then Dawson or even Cloud for that matter? Cloud would spark out The black russian and Cleverly too

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Campillo outclassed Cloud

Comment

I thought Thurman had a pretty good year and should have at least been mentioned.

Comment

Well deserved. Adonis is a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            I kinda agree with this pick but I also think Kovalev beat the same level of competition and did it in better fashion
            Except Kovalev has yet to beat anyone with a "name". Chad Dawson was considered the king of the 175lb division and Adonis knocked him out in one round! I give the edge to Adonis.

Comment

Well im surprised i thought if left to you guys to pick it would be Floyd in 1st Donaire in 2nd but I guess that would be too blatant at this point. Although the bias can be detected on this list as well.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                Who the hell did Kovalev beat thats better then Dawson or even Cloud for that matter? Cloud would spark out The black russian and Cleverly too

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Dawson fu*ken sucks and was just coming off a KO

Campillo is better than Cloud

Cleverly was undefeated and Kovalev went to his hometown and destroyed him

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  Stevenson is a rapist
                  To be fair, he's a guy that had a rough childhood, got involved in some combination of pimping, assault, sexual assault, and sexual exploitation that may or may not have directly involved rape by himself in his teens / early 20s. It also sounds like his 20s were pretty dodgy as well. Does he get a pass on that? No. But he is 36 now, and hasn't had any recent 'troubles'. Assuming he doesn't have a rash of recent revelations, or get involved in some new mess, at this point he probably deserves credit for turning his life around. TBH, I picked Provo as my fighter of the year because he didn't have that dicey past, and gave me the warm fuzzies, but a lot of this stuff is from almost half a lifetime ago. At a certain point you just have to congratulate a guy on turning it around, otherwise what's the point? Once you brand somebody a 'scumbag for life' they have 0 incentive to not be a scumbag.

Comment

I would go with Stevenson, too.

Comment

I hate to see this raping piece of **** receive praise for his performances; what's worse is that is that it is questionable whether he had a better year than other fighters, which means he was given somewhat of a favour.

Comment

Working...
                      X