Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who actually deserves next shot at Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
    TS Foxxy. The newest Haymon recruit.
    The fu*k???

Comment

king sergio

Sergio martinez deserves it more......if healthy he can beat mayweather....at least cotto got guts

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
        At 147, Pac and only Pac, nobody else stands a chance. Floyd should be fighting at 154 where there are actual challenges. Floyd's a 3 time junior Middleweight champ for fuk sakes.

That's why i laugh when people bring up Danny Garcia, why would a 3 time 154 champ want to fight a 140 champ?
        Good post.. Dont understand everyones argument for Danny. Only because all of his success has been at 140, if he got a couple of wins back at 147 then id be all for danny getting a shot.... PAC or Bradley!

Comment

Originally posted by -Makunouchi- View Post
          Lara is the most deserving, but its very unrealistic for floyd
          Lara at 154 for sure ..but then again if u say Lara you kinda gotta say molina too. Sucks we got beat out of the end of Kirkland/Molina, woulda answered some questions about molina.

Comment

erislandy lara ......... danny garcia deserves more of a shot than khan....and so does maidana.........and bradley, but bradley is with top rank....

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Bradley, Pacquiao, and Garcia are the three most deserving IMO.
              2 undefeated guys on hot streaks I can understand.

Pac fighting May is just a novelty now. Only for bragging rights. Neither is in his prime but 1 has slipped considerably.

Comment

Timothy Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by jayblack View Post
                  It's funny that you say the only guys around his weight and then you name 2 MWs. But Martinez and GGG do have a shot but Manny does not. Bradley is truly the fighter who deserves it. But since Top Rank fighters are ruled out then Maidana is my frontrunner. Then there is Garcia, but I'd like to see him fight at least once at 147 prior to taking on Mayweather. It would have been great to see Garcia vs Undefeated Broner for the WBA this year, but Maidana had other plans. Since Thurman isn't being hyped as much as others he needs to beat a decent name prior to being able to hype a fight with Mayweather. If Mayweather vs Khan does not happen then they should make Thurman vs Khan. That will give Thurman the name he needs to get in the running.
                  But lets be serious, are any of these fights a bad fight really? We question the opponent because Mayweather is just that damn good. Would any of these names be looked at as a bad fight if we were matching Bradley, Pac, or Marquez against them? If Floyd doesn't fight Pac, which is a clear mismatch or someone one or two divisions over him it is considered a cherrypick. That really shows how high everyone holds him.
                  Floyd owns a belt at 154 does he not ? A fight with a body at 160 isn't all that difficult to make,he could ask them to do 153 or even better for himself, 152.

I'm not saying he should or he has too,but if he wants to add an element of interest to his fights,I really feel he would be best served fighting one of the three fighters I mentioned.GGG he'd most probably school,Manny I think he'd beat him too,but Martinez I'd fancy for the win.of all the three Martinez is the one fight I want most,and it isn't about wanting to see Floyd lose,it's about wanting to see a competitive fight against an elusive and if not craftier opponent than himself.

Comment

in a perfect boxing world

floyd would fight

1. bradley
                    2. manny
                    3. garcia
                    4. maidana
                    5. serg

Those are the only guys right now that deserve a shot at a mega fight IMO,, all for different reasons

Comment

maidana hands down....

Comment

Working...
                      X