Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd see himself in that Broner loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    But but but, Floyd is still in his prime doe...
    Beautiful reflexes and counter in that sig.

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
      Did Floyd see himself in that Broner loss?
      No. He saw an imposter got exposed.

Comment

Floyd is last his prime (37 years old)...it wouldn't surprise me if he lost soon.

Comment

If he keeps on fighting, we'll see him lose. He's getting old and has shown pretty significant signs of decline. I was watching a 140 pound fight of his and it was night and day.

He's lost a lot and will keep doing so, but, unlike Jones and some others, he's got incredible skill that isn't just reflex based, so he will still have plenty of time left at the top. It just might not be well beyond the rest of the field.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            If he keeps on fighting, we'll see him lose. He's getting old and has shown pretty significant signs of decline. I was watching a 140 pound fight of his and it was night and day.

He's lost a lot and will keep doing so, but, unlike Jones and some others, he's got incredible skill that isn't just reflex based, so he will still have plenty of time left at the top. It just might not be well beyond the rest of the field.
            Skill is carrying Floyd plenty at this point, but his speed and reflexes are still impressive - way above average. Still, I would say he isn't going to go undefeated through his entire career if he really does throw himself in with some truly dangerous opponents. But I doubt he would do that.

As for Broner, that means about as much as seeing Berto lose. That is to say it means almost nothing.

Comment

If Floyd fights past 2015 he will lose. He will be 37 by May 3rd so its almost time for that to happen. I think the Canelo fight will be his last truly dominant performance. Judging by the way judges gave Guerrero 3 rds and Canelo 3,4 & 6 rds it's alot closer to him losing than we think. When he does lose he will be the 1st almost 40 year old that got exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Le samouraļ View Post
                Skill is carrying Floyd plenty at this point, but his speed and reflexes are still impressive - way above average. Still, I would say he isn't going to go undefeated through his entire career if he really does throw himself in with some truly dangerous opponents. But I doubt he would do that.

As for Broner, that means about as much as seeing Berto lose. That is to say it means almost nothing.
                So who are these dangerous opponents?

Comment

Floyd is overly cautious, has great footwork and good head movement, the only ones I see beating Floyd can be pacquiao,bradley and maybe ggg if they fought.

Comment

Not trying to hug on Floyd here but he could easily fight on for a few years. Because he is getting older people somehow try to discredit his skill or ability. Then the fight happens and Floyd looks faster and sharper than before. I love how people try to ***** on the guy.

Pretty hilarious in here "Floyd's getting old he'll lose soon." Nah son. Floyd will never lose so long as he decides to box. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                      If Floyd fights past 2015 he will lose. He will be 37 by May 3rd so its almost time for that to happen. I think the Canelo fight will be his last truly dominant performance. Judging by the way judges gave Guerrero 3 rds and Canelo 3,4 & 6 rds it's alot closer to him losing than we think. When he does lose he will be the 1st almost 40 year old that got exposed.
                      Have fun with that idea. But where are these fighters coming from that will give Floyd problems? Dude rarely ever loses a round yet somehow in the course of a couple years these boxing wizards are going to rise up from somewhere. Bunch of fighters from planet Krypton? Shiz ain't happening bra...

"You hear that? Floyd lost 3 rounds on 1 judges card." "Well it must be the beginning of the end little Timmy."

Comment

Working...
                      X