Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy: Would a Welter Andre Ward do well VS Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    The reason he lost after Floyd is because people realized he could be outboxed.

Yeah, no one would have picked that up when Vernon Forrest was beating him like a red-headed stepchild, or when Winky Wright was pitching back-to-back shutouts over him years earlier. It's all because Mayweather wrote the blueprint.

Why do you even bother commenting? Do you get kicks out of reading back on your own idiocy, SlurpaMan?

Comment

Originally posted by SlickRickman View Post
      Yeah, no one would have picked that up when Vernon Forrest was beating him like a red-headed stepchild, or when Winky Wright was pitching back-to-back shutouts over him years earlier. It's all because Mayweather wrote the blueprint.

Why do you even bother commenting? Do you get kicks out of reading back on your own idiocy, SlurpaMan?
      Bro Mosley lost to BIGGER Men. Floyd was the first small guy to really outbox him, and Floyd actually walked him down, dominated him worse than Winky and Vernon COMBINED, even tho they hurt him worse. Pac used footwork, and actually wasnt hip to the idea of fighting him until AFTER Floyd fought him. If Floyd wouldnt have fought him, Pac wouldnt until maybe later on in 2011 MAYBE.
      Last edited by MurkaMan; 01-01-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I dont care HOW long he was out of the ring. The last time he was in the ring before fighting Floyd, he was a killer. I disagree about Marg being made to order. He was supposed to win and got dominated. The reason he lost after Floyd is because people realized he could be outboxed. Floyd is the one who dominated him. And you didnt respond to my comment about how you said thats the reason he brought Sr back, when Sr was actually in that camp. You also didnt respond to my comment about how Floyd made Canelo, JMM, Ortiz look the same as Mosley. But none of them even fight like Mosley, and none of them faded. Mosley didnt fade either. He was breathing out of his mouth, but he was still trying. But Floyd countered everything, making him gun shy and walked him down just like the others.
        I felt he was made to order. People forget that Cotto won literally 7 rounds straight until he gassed and got his nose busted.

Or that Williams beat him not too long a go...

Boxer > Brawler 70% of the time for me.

What you talking about the reason Mosely lost after Floyd because people realised he could be outboxed? Mosely was not undefeated... So how the hell did 'Mayweather' show us how to beat Mosely when it was done previously...

Not sure if you were here when he fought Cotto, but one dude made a thread and said Cotto will outjab Mosely. I laughed, but it actually happened. Cotto boxed him and JUST about won.

Let's not forget Forrest and Winky.

So he loses to a boxer - Brawler in Cotto, and then faces Mayroga who was shot but a brawler. Shane looked **** in there at 154! But he won.

OK you asked for it.

OK well I will comment on Snr coming back. Snr was kicked out of that camp and was not even the main trainer. He gave advice. This time around, he is the MAIN trainer.

Tell me am I wrong?

Then how Floyd made Canelo, Ortiz, JMM and Mosely look the same?

Well firstly Ortiz did not look the same. The fight was 4 rounds? LOL. Ortiz was a loose cannon chasing around at times, or being hit with the straight right and being walked back. However it was a messy fight by the 4th.

JMM and Mosely were similar in that it was the centre of the ring. JMM got dropped and looked slow at his new weight. JMM

Mosely was shot to me. You can disagree as you wish which I have no issue with, but when he looked **** VS Mayorga and lost to Cotto pre Marg, he was on the decline. Then a long lay off at his age certainly messed him up. A fighter can get old over night is used in Boxing by people who are employed in Boxing. They know.

Marg was tailor, a guy with no defence who cuts you off. Perfect for Mosely to land shots and his power is the last to go away. He has no legs and is scared to pull a shot unless he is really close and in range.

Canelo looked similar too but that is how Canelo fights. He is a guy who waits in the centre, he is not a brawler. He boxed Matthew Hatton to a 12 UD. He boxed Trout. That's how he fights. He has an issue with stamina and workrate as Mosely did at this period in many of his fights.

They ALL have their own style, but None were brawlers. I will exclude Ortiz because it was no way similar.

All are Counter punchers and box and sometimes brawl.

JMM boxed that Russian to a UD.
        Canelo Boxed Trout.
        Mosely boxed Mayorga.

Centre of the ring. Not too high workrate. None were fast enough to land.
        Last edited by Los Zetas; 01-01-2014, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Bro Mosley lost to BIGGER Men. Floyd was the first small guy to really outbox him, and Floyd actually walked him down, dominated him worse than Winky and Vernon COMBINED, even tho they hurt him worse. Pac used footwork, and actually wasnt hip to the idea of fighting him until AFTER Floyd fought him. If Floyd wouldnt have fought him, Pac wouldnt until maybe later on in 2011 MAYBE.
          Cotto was a smaller man in height and reach. Cotto won rounds by boxing even if he ran the last rounds, he won them by boxing.

Comment

He wouldn't just do well, he'd possibly win.

Comment

MurkaMan always says the funniest stuff.

Comment

I think Ward would beat him. He's rougher than Floyd, more of a fighter. Granted it's a hard decision cause neither man has really faced what the other brings to the table. So I pick Ward based on temperament I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                  Ward would have the height advantage but they have the same are length. It would be a 50-50 fight IMO.
                  see, I dont look at it like this at all. I think if you do things P4P then you either have to shrink Ward or make Floyd bigger. You cant just leave them at the same height while asking this question. You do it by weight class. Meaning, Ward is not that tall compared to Floyd on a WW to SMW scale. Then about the arm length. If they are about the same even now then you would have to give Floyd a huge advantage in that catagory on a P4P scale. If the fight is at WW then you have to make Ward shorter in height & arm length. If its at SMW then you have to make Floyd even taller than 5'8 and his arms even longer then they are now which is already crazy

Comment

Man this is a good fight, Ward would do better than "well" though in my opinion. I probably echo a lot of people by saying that Ward has more than a great chance of winning this one, but ultimately I can't see him doing.

I think Ward is a great fighter, obviously, but Floyd has that more well roundedness to him that would see him come out on top in this one, just my opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                      see, I dont look at it like this at all. I think if you do things P4P then you either have to shrink Ward or make Floyd bigger. You cant just leave them at the same height while asking this question. You do it by weight class. Meaning, Ward is not that tall compared to Floyd on a WW to SMW scale. Then about the arm length. If they are about the same even now then you would have to give Floyd a huge advantage in that catagory on a P4P scale. If the fight is at WW then you have to make Ward shorter in height & arm length. If its at SMW then you have to make Floyd even taller than 5'8 and his arms even longer then they are now which is already crazy
                      I agree. As stated in one of my posts, it wouldn't be the same height or he wouldn't make the weight. However shorter arms would suit Ward when he brawls.

Comment

Working...
                      X