Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather abandoning his WBC Welterweight title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    Oh please. Floyd fought Saul Alvarez at 154 for the WBC light middleweight title and the WBA Super World light middleweight title.

Manny fought Brandon Punching Bag at 147.

End of story.
    You mean at 152. How could you forget, first time ever that a reigning 2x champ asks to unify at a catchweight. One for the books

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^This

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Pac Boy- has floyd dropped the belt yet? no. As for this speculation based post- if I post he will fight him you'll just say the same ****** ***** you said the previous posts.

I don't know what floyd will do and when he does then I will comment on it. My guess-he would drop the belt because he would lose a purse bid to Bob-thus costing him control of the promotion.

The better question is-how does beating Rios at 147 mae manny the #1 contender?
        How does beating Berto?
        How does beating Trout?
        How does beating Marg (who was coming off a battered loss when Cotto fought him)
        Berto...straight Bum. Rios would beat his face in!
        Nothing but doubt Trout...Hype job
        Marg..lol way past his prime.

This earns a shot...but Rios doesnt?

Comment

Originally posted by kurt0411 View Post
          You can love or hate floyd, but you cant defend him anymore. He clearly wants no part of pacquiao.
          This right here

Comment

ABove is a perfect example of the problems on NSB. Bungalows and Pac Boy-two of the most notorious Manny fringe birther level fans-accusse me of defending floyd etc etc yet floyd hasn't decided which belt to drop. When I as them if he has-they go on to rant about ifs and buts blah blah blah while not acknowledging they are premature in their hate.

AT least JFD26, anothe r non big dunnfan, is honest that it hasn't hapened yet.

SO how about the bungalows and pac boy's of NSB wait until something happens before reaching a conclusion.
            Im not that ******. Floyd isnt gonna keep his belt and fight Manny. He would give up his children before he got in the ring with Manny. :WORD:

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
              Are you really gonna sit here, and talk about a belt that means the same thing as the WBC belt, that I just mentioned?

If he vacated the WBC belt, that includes the WBO belt.

They're 2 belts, but mean the same thing. OMG, you are reaching so bad right now.
              You are criticizing floyd for something he hasn't done yet-a decision that will be made because it was mandated by the sanctioning body. You said he pulled a "rid**** bowe" when he hasn't.

I don't know manny ever had the wbc JMW title. I know he dropped the wbo JMW title. when I pointed out he dropped the wbo JWW title you said that didn't count because he was moving up in weight. In fact, he dropped it a year or so after winning the ww title.

You are arguing for no reason other than to criticize floyd for something he hasn't done. When I point that out-then you try and make it about me as a poster to somehow make what I posted not factual.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                Mayweather's afraid of a guy that lost 2 of his last 3 fights, and that's been KO'd a grand total of 3 times? The guy in that video is talking as if Pacquiao wasn't absolutely ruined two fights ago? The fact that the WBC would even rank a guy on a losing streak is laughable but even more comical is this idea that because Manny's ranked he gets a shot and somehow all the politics that surrounded a potential fight with Mayweather previous to his ranking magically disappear. That's right, Arum, Schaefer, Haymon and Mayweather couldn't get the deal done, now enters the mystical fairies from the WBC to clear everything up with an underserved ranking.

And if Mayweather gives up the belt because he's been backed into a corner by Pac's ridiculous ranking, he's obviously terrified of a guy that was put so deep into a coma, you could have put him on a space mission to the outer Milky Way Galaxy, heh, yeah right.....

Comment

You are criticizing floyd for something he hasn't done yet-a decision that will be made because it was mandated by the sanctioning body. You said he pulled a "rid**** bowe" when he hasn't.

I don't know manny ever had the wbc JMW title. I know he dropped the wbo JMW title. when I pointed out he dropped the wbo JWW title you said that didn't count because he was moving up in weight. In fact, he dropped it a year or so after winning the ww title.

You are arguing for no reason other than to criticize floyd for something he hasn't done. When I point that out-then you try and make it about me as a poster to somehow make what I posted not factual.
                  but he is gonna do it !

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    How does beating Berto?
                    How does beating Trout?
                    How does beating Marg (who was coming off a battered loss when Cotto fought him)
                    Berto...straight Bum. Rios would beat his face in!
                    Nothing but doubt Trout...Hype job
                    Marg..lol way past his prime.

This earns a shot...but Rios doesnt?
                    Berto was a top ranked ww. We can agree he probably was over ranked by a lot-but beating a top 2 ranked ww matter more than a top 6 jww in his 1st ww fight. right?

Canelo beating trout didn't earn him a floyd fight. Canelo got it the same way Manny would get it-b ecause its a huge event-with the caveat Manny is a better fighter than Canelo.

Cotto beating Marg didn't earn him a floyd fight. It completed his TR contractual requirements-which made it easy for floyd to make a deal with him since Bob wasn't around. Cotto got the fight in part because he won a JMW title and in part because he has a huge fanbase.

Manny didn't need to beat rios to qualify for a floyd fight. That said, beating Rios should not have moved him up the ww rankings. these are points that reasonabl posters should agree on.

Im not that ******. Floyd isnt gonna keep his belt and fight Manny. He would give up his children before he got in the ring with Manny. :WORD:
                    Just like ghost was gonna whup floyd, he was afraid of Canelo, and Manny would fight floyd for free. You say some really extreme things-are you the son of Donald ***** and Orly Taitz?

Comment

but he is gonna do it !
                      we will see. If and when he does we can discuss.

Comment

Working...
                      X