Martinez explains why he's "motivated to beat up" Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
    So tell me, what did Murray get?
    A chance to beat the champ in his home town, who cares?
    We're talking about why Martinez would fight Murray instead of fighting GGG and I'm explaining that the reason is several millions because he fougth a Brit fighter in Argentina after winning the world title, and the Argentine government was all for that.

And that still leaves us with Dzinziruk, Barker and Macklin.
    He was chasing the fight with Jr. for years. After that, he did the fight that got him the most money, Murray in Argentina. Before that, he fought whatever got him the most money. GGG hadnt even fought in UK nor USA until 2012. Who's GGG fighting now? Oh right, another big fat no one, Osumanu Adama out of fuking Ghana.

Dont get me wrong, I like GGG a lot and I see him as a very solid champion, but no offense his team sucks balls if Macklin was the best they could get him so far. I dont see why Martinez should lose money because of some other fighters poor managing.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post

Is an old video but there you see sergio begging Cotto for a fight and then the one doing the interview asks Cotto why is someone like Sergio begging for a fight and Cotto says that Martinez needs to ask his team why they are putting him against D, C and B class fighters and not elite.
      and thats why no one likes shtty arrogant Cotto.

Comment

Translation:

I am fighting Cotto because he's a blown up welterweight who's lost his past two fights against credible opponents. I am a cherry picker and have no honor in the lineal MW title I currently hold which is why I'm fighting Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
          and thats why no one likes shtty arrogant Cotto.
          What? Martinez didnt like being exposed on national TV? Cotto stated the truth. Sergio's resume is weak.

Here that should be enough to keep you from crying.

Comment

A chance to beat the champ in his home town, who cares?
            We're talking about why Martinez would fight Murray instead of fighting GGG and I'm explaining that the reason is several millions because he fougth a Brit fighter in Argentina after winning the world title, and the Argentine government was all for that.
            Huh? And to be fair he didn't even get that, atleast not by decision.

So show me the proof of that. Not saying it's not true, but show me some proof.
            He was chasing the fight with Jr. for years. After that, he did the fight that got him the most money, Murray in Argentina. Before that, he fought whatever got him the most money. GGG hadnt even fought in UK nor USA until 2012. Who's GGG fighting now? Oh right, another big fat no one, Osumanu Adama out of fuking Ghana.

Dont get me wrong, I like GGG a lot and I see him as a very solid champion, but no offense his team sucks balls if Macklin was the best they could get him so far. I dont see why Martinez should lose money because of some other fighters poor managing.
            GGG has been chasing all the top guys at MW for a while aswell, what's the difference? I'll tell you the difference, GGG is not chasing the money man that pretty much was handed a belt by the WBC and then defended against bums mostly. Sergio hasn't done **** at MW compared to the misconception of his "great" run at MW.

So what if GGG hadn't fought in the US before? Dzinziruk fought in the US once, and had never even fought at MW. GGG was a belt holder at MW. Instead of unifying Sergio continued to fight average non-champions, and it was hardly money fights for the most part.

Yes, he is fighting Adama. Because your boy Sergio and the other champions continue to duck him.
            Last edited by Bring It On; 12-29-2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

. GGG hadnt even fought in UK nor USA until 2012. Who's GGG fighting now? Oh right, another big fat no one, Osumanu Adama out of fuking Ghana.
              And GGG is already a star. 1.5 million viewers in his last fight, one of the highest rated showsall year.

And he's obviously fighting Adama as a stay busy fight. Just like how he took a stay busy fight with Ishida which led to a Macklin fight. Let us also not forget originally the plan was to fight Murray but Hatton said no.

Comment

GGG fighting someone we dont have to google up to see who the fuk he's fighting would be a good start.
                Lmao no shlt

Comment

Money....that's it...money

Comment

I'm Puerto Rican and many people from PR that I know who either know Cotto or have had encounters with him describe him as being very smug.

Ricardo Mayorga was correct when he told Cotto that he would never have the love and admiration that Tito Trinidad had from the Puerto Rican people.
                    Last edited by Deevel916; 12-29-2013, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Cotto isnt exactly likeable. While Martinez is givng toys to kids for Christmas Cotto is slapping his wife around. I wouldnt be as confident about the fight either, Cotto being a much smaller, and less skillful boxer.
                      I'd agree with you that Martinez should beat Cotto at this point, but I'd disagree that Sergio is more skillful, I'm a big fan of both but just because Cotto doesn't dance around the ring and keep his hands at his waist doesn't mean he's not as skilled! Cotto's technique is much better than Sergio's who is just an athlete plain and simple..

Comment

Working...
                      X