Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since he says he isnt really a true welterweight Money should fight Garcia at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since he says he isnt really a true welterweight Money should fight Garcia at 140

Mayweather has told of a desire to face undefeated, young fighters. There arent very many at or around his weight that are credible opponents. Im not very interested in him fight Khan, who has one of the better resumes between 140-147 but he hasnt had any break out performances as of late.

Bradley is in his prime and undefeated but I dont see a fight happening with these two until Bradley's contract expires end of '14.

Garcia has the credentials, the hispanic market, and would do better numbers than if he fought anyone else outside of Pacquaio, or Bradley. Khan makes business sense but the fans dont really want it.

Garcia isnt in a hurry to fight Mayweather now but he will be moving to welterweight soon, why not beat him to the punch and fight one last time at 140 and win a 5th lineal title, make history, and his favorite thing...$$$$
    yes
    47.37%
    no
    15.79%
    id rather see it at 147
    26.32%
    i dont care if they fight
    10.53%

Floyds the one making the offers not Garcia. He's no promoter. He brings nothing to the table other than his fists. You guys are off the hook. If he can't handle a soon to be 37 yr old Floyd than he shouldn't take the fight. Last I checked Danny was the one with something to prove. Is it OK with you if Floyd uses his check hook or is that not aloud either? SMDH.

Comment

Better at 147 for no weigh drain excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Better at 147 for no weigh drain excuses.
        True...just food for thought

Comment

problem is garcia is on record he doesnt want to fight floyd.

Comment

If Mayweather is really a natural 140 pounder why did he go no lower than 146 to fight Marquez when the contract called for 144 pounds tops???? As usual Mayweather is full of ****. If he can't make 144 easily how is he going to make 140? Mayweather is a full size welterweight and he comes to the weigh in of his fights at 146 to 147 looking very lean and hard with no extra weight at all. I wish everyone on Boxing Scene would get it though their heads that Mayweather is fighting Khan in May and NOBODY else. He won't be fighting Maidana or Garcia or whoever else you would rather see him fight. He is fighting Khan so get used to it. Better luck in September. I'd like to see him fight Pacquiao at 140 and I'd bet on Pacquiao but I know it will never happen.

Comment

If they fight it will be at ww. Danny and co, have stated they don't want the fight yet, Danny ain't ready and it's a smart move unlike Canelo being born ready.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                If Mayweather is really a natural 140 pounder why did he go no lower than 146 to fight Marquez when the contract called for 144 pounds tops???? As usual Mayweather is full of ****. If he can't make 144 easily how is he going to make 140? Mayweather is a full size welterweight and he comes to the weigh in of his fights at 146 to 147 looking very lean and hard with no extra weight at all. I wish everyone on Boxing Scene would get it though their heads that Mayweather is fighting Khan in May and NOBODY else. He won't be fighting Maidana or Garcia or whoever else you would rather see him fight. He is fighting Khan so get used to it. Better luck in September. I'd like to see him fight Pacquiao at 140 and I'd bet on Pacquiao but I know it will never happen.
                Fight pac at 140??? Are you serious lol

Comment

He haven't fought at that weight in seven years. Granted he is a small welterweight but losing an extra 7 to 10 pounds at 37 wouldn't be smart.

Comment

Floyd isn't a big guy but his 140 days are long gone. History has shown us that fighters who drop weight classes late in their career tend to struggle and usually never recover. Floyd can physically cut 7lbs but at what cost. I'm glad he's smart enough to not even give it a try. For his whole career Floyd has fought where he has been comfortable or above that weight, he shouldn't change that philosophy.

Comment

Working...
                    X