No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Barrios Falls on Hard Times, Now Selling Shoes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The things people say are some of the dumbest things

All boxers don't make a great deal of money, in fact only a small percentage will become wealthy and of that small amount many will not invest or maintain wealth and it's not just boxers. If you look at any professional athlete many fall under hard times and it's not always education because most are college educated in sports. I was a professional boxer didn't make any money fighting but because I went to school and the military and have worked even when I was boxing my household income is over 250K with one adult child who will graduate from college next year and have great potential. All boxers are not uneducated and do not fall between the cracks and I know many who are living just like myself. So wake the hell up!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
      La hiena crashed into a car that killed a pregnant girl. He escaped from the scene so they couldn't prove he was drunk (he show up hours later). He said he didn't know the other car killed someone but they didn't believe him. He was marginalized from argentine boxing and he wasn't allowed to fight outside the country either (the Morales fight for example). Meanwhile, Barrios lost all his money in lawyers.
      At the same time bus drivers in Argentina run over kids and are driving the next day all day long. Convicted rapists and murderers get "out of jail cards" for going to political rallies and parties. La Hiena's worst sin was not being "national and popular" enough. If he had been he'd be making millions rather than selling shoes in la Salada.
      And for those that dont know Barrios, watch Barrios vs Freitas, no boxer ever showed such massive brass balls in a fight. Ever. The only fight I remember were a boxer lost but at the same time won.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssu9SjMmirg
      Last edited by FerFAL; 12-27-2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

shouldve joined the money team... this is how pacquiao will end up if he stays with arum.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
          This is bad news. I will keep Barrios in my prayers and hope he can find redemption and opportunity
          So what? The man is selling shoes to make ends meet. I don't see what is so low or undignified about that or any other kind of honest work. I would consider drug or alcohol addiction, a terminal disease or jail time to be falling on hard times. You don't redemption for having been a shoe salesmen.

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
            At the same time bus drivers in Argentina run over kids and are driving the next day all day long. Convicted rapists and murderers get "out of jail cards" for going to political rallies and parties. La Hiena's worst sin was not being "national and popular" enough. If he had been he'd be making millions rather than selling shoes in la Salada.
            And for those that dont know Barrios, watch Barrios vs Freitas, no boxer ever showed such massive brass balls in a fight. Ever. The only fight I remember were a boxer lost but at the same time won.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssu9SjMmirg
            I was at the Miami arena that night when Barrios gave Frietas hell. Lots of fine women at the arena, I remember sitting next to Floyd Sr. and he was a cool ass dude. Me and him were talking to some Brazilian chicks who didn't know anything about Boxing.

Barrios was a favorite of mines after that fight. Hearing the news that he's now selling shoes is sad, has to be there with me seeing former world champion baby Rojas in a Calle 8 gas stations asking for some change.

Comment

Always sad to hear when boxers end up like this.

Comment

The article leaves questions. If he's selling his own shoes then he must be financially pretty ****ed but if he's working part time in a shoe shop, what does that matter?

Comment

Boxing aside, Barrios was a high profile person in entertaining TV shows. He liked it. If you do that, be careful (ask Broner). After his accident and criminal behavior, he did and said ****** things. Public opinion condemned him and rightfully so, IMHO.

Comment

feel bad for him, and those judging him we all make mistake.

Comment

He had over 50 fights and couldn't manage his money right. It's on him!

Comment

Working...
                      X