Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Cotto even earned a crack at a MW title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
    you mean to tell me beating trout earned him a shot at floyd? he got that fight because of his hype. beating trout had nothing to do with it. the same applies here.
    a jmw champion fighting another jmw champion....
    a mw champion fighting someone not even top 5 at jmw...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      a jmw champion fighting another jmw champion....
      a mw champion fighting someone not even top 5 at jmw...

floyd is a regular at 147. taking cotto's title didn't change that. especially with all the **** cotto gets about his campaign at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        lara just beat trout by pure domination so I guess he's getting a Floyd fight next.........woops no he's too good.
        you would think that that's the case giving all of this non sense. some of these people seem to forget that this is prize fighting, and whether we like it or not, some of the best fights never happen because of money. a lot of them do because of it. that is the nature of the sport.

Comment

Yes and no. No if you're looking at his recent work; he was beaten by a Welterweight, lost to Trout and beat some no mark in Rodriguez; logically he doesn't deserve a shot at the 154lb belt. Yes if you're looking at his entire career; hate him or love him he put in work throughout his career, and now that hard work is paying dividends.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            He should have just let the guy beat the hell out of him, how silly of me to think of defending himself.

June 8th is gonna be a damn good day on here.
            Get ready for the "Sergio is past prime" replies. No matter how Cotto wins that will be the excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              Canelo was rocked by Cotto's little bro
              Big bro.

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
              you mean to tell me beating trout earned him a shot at floyd? he got that fight because of his hype. beating trout had nothing to do with it. the same applies here.
              Yeah he got the fight because of his popularity and nationality, but technically he deserved the shot because he was coming off a win over a top 5 Jr MW. Cotto hasn't beaten any MWs or any of the top 5 Jr MWs.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughts View Post
                Get ready for the "Sergio is past prime" replies. No matter how Cotto wins that will be the excuse.
                Exactly, haters will not give him credit yet their blood will boil in envy! Cant wait to see it and LOL at their faces!

Comment

Tell me:

Who in the 160lb has a better resume than Cotto???

Not even Sergio Martinez has a better resume. Quit the crying. If Martinez think that Cotto don't deserve the fight, then he can say NO. He is the champ.

The only one crying on this is Veneno who is the mandatory and Cotto will beat him with ease!

Now, if Cotto beats Veneno will that give him the "right" or "passage" to fight Sergio? Cotto was destroying Veneno during their sparing for the Margarito II fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                    Tell me:

Who in the 160lb has a better resume than Cotto???

Not even Sergio Martinez has a better resume. Quit the crying. If Martinez think that Cotto don't deserve the fight, then he can say NO. He is the champ.

The only one crying on this is Veneno who is the mandatory and Cotto will beat him with ease!

Now, if Cotto beats Veneno will that give him the "right" or "passage" to fight Sergio? Cotto was destroying Veneno during their sparing for the Margarito II fight.
                    sparing means nothing, and yes if cotto beats veneno then he shouldbe ranked high enough to get that shot... btw a doped giant on chavezjr couldnt hurt or stop veneno and you think that cotto will destroy him, is one thing when you pay a guy to take your punches , than when you actually fight him, you should know that...

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      Yes and no. No if you're looking at his recent work; he was beaten by a Welterweight, lost to Trout and beat some no mark in Rodriguez; logically he doesn't deserve a shot at the 154lb belt. Yes if you're looking at his entire career; hate him or love him he put in work throughout his career, and now that hard work is paying dividends.

i agree with this. the only thing i will add is that the welterweight you mentioned is floyd mayweather, and that cotto actually made a decent account of himself.

i have no issues with miguel cotto getting a shot at the middleweight title. he's miguel cotto. i actually think he'll make a good showing against a nearly 40 year old martinez. he's a great boxer.

Comment

Working...
                      X