• Show
Clear All

I thought this was obvious, he never actually retired

He'll probably be back, he makes millions fighting, why give that up

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      I thought this was obvious, he never actually retired

He'll probably be back, he makes millions fighting, why give that up
      I'd put it this way - there is a chance due to political laws being put into place, the loss of momentum of political movements and the pesky influence of Russia that Vitali will simply not be able to accomplish his goals in the short term, in a way this may actually be better for him to be a more seasoned politician and to truly see the problem with politics, especially in Ukraine. It will either enhance his resolve or put him off. In the short term, exactly as said, while he is still much better than his potential opponents and has the opportunity to make millions, why not take it or at least have that option? If his body can handle it, he can keep going. It's hard to predict with certainty what will happen, but in around the next 6 months, everything should become a lot clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
        I don't think an Old Vitali would want to take the chance of getting iced compared to some fat guy lol
        I like wilders power but it takes more than that to trouble vitali. unlike wlad vitali has a granite chin

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
          As much as I want to see Vitali fight again, I think he should just retire, he isn't getting any younger and his body will only continue to break down. I mean he couldn't stay healthy when he was younger, how is he going to do it in his 40's? Although I do think he will try to beat George Foreman's feat of winning the title at 45 if he can.
          With what is around right now he should consider making a comeback in a year or two.
          He probably could as long as he stays in shape... I however think It will be Wladimir that will try to beat Foremans oldest reigning champ but then again its a big ask since he is a bit chinny.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
            With what is around right now he should consider making a comeback in a year or two.
            He probably could as long as he stays in shape... I however think It will be Wladimir that will try to beat Foremans oldest reigning champ but then again its a big ask since he is a bit chinny.
            I think Vitali could go on a bit better than Wlad because his power and chin will remain, he hasn't been hit basically, so his chin will not deteriorate like some with age. As long as he is in good condition and has the stamina to go the full rounds and doesn't have the nagging injuries, he could go on. Wlad I think is more of a fighter that can deteriorate after the age of 40. A former coach of the brothers as youngsters once said - Vitali is like rock, hard to sculpt but then very hard to break down, wears down a lot slower. Wlad, is more like clay, easier to sculpt (to teach skills basically) but wears much quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
              I think he will come back if Arreola gets hit since that is an easy win, but if/when Wilder gets it he will be "busy with politics"
              Wow you are delusional. Suggesting a champion like Vitali is scared of a novice who's fought no one. Sad.

Comment

Real talk, if Vitali returns in like 2 or 3 years, doesn't get KTFO and wins the title again, I'll put him up there with Foreman in the ATG list.
                Last edited by SN!PER; 12-25-2013, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Vit's done
                  the longer he stays away the worse it's gonna be for him
                  he's aging, getting rusty, and losing hunger in the process
                  would like to see him back but don't think it happens
                  he made good money and reigned as #2 in his era, that's good enough

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                    Real talk, if Vitali returns in like 2 or 3 years, doesn't get KTFO and wins the title again, I'll put him up there with Foreman in the ATG list.
                    Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                    Vit's done
                    the longer he stays away the worse it's gonna be for him
                    he's aging, getting rusty, and losing hunger in the process
                    would like to see him back but don't think it happens
                    he made good money and reigned as #2 in his era, that's good enough
                    If he does return, it won't be in 3 years, I really don't see that. His return will be quick if he decides to do it IMO, probably by the end of 2014/start of 2015. At that point he will know if he is allowed to run for president in the 2015 election, and whether he can actually pull it off (if he has the support, momentum etc). If not, he will be forced to return for probably 2-3 years or so till the next election in 2019 when he may try again, if 2015 is not a possibility. To put it this way, he is determined to achieve his political goal in the short term, yet he also doesn't want to end his boxing career definitively. As I say, what happens next should become more clear in the first 6-10 months of 2014.

Comment

Boxing will be just fine without these two.

Comment

Working...
                      X