No announcement yet.

Why is Martinez getting a free pass?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
    You realize canelo is bigger than martinez, and walks out to the ring heavier than martinez?

Perhaps the question should be, why is canelo getting a free pass? As far as martinez' perspective, cotto wants to fight him, and martinez wants to actually get a nice check for taking punches.
    Canelo is not the lineal champ or even a title holder. Martinez is and should fight the best in the division not cherry pick a blown up welter who was recently out boxed by Trout.

Comment

He should not get a free pass, for years guys ducked Sergio now hes doing the same thing by taking thing Cotto fight

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
        You realize canelo is bigger than martinez, and walks out to the ring heavier than martinez?
        But Cotto v Alvarez would be at the JMW limit of 154, whatever happens after that is generally fair game.

Comment

Yeah he deserves criticism. The fact that he's old and injured saves a little bit of face. If he doesn't fight GGG after beating Cotto (if he can beat Cotto and looks uninjured doing it) then he deserves the same kinda criticism that Mayweather is getting for not fighting Pacquiao and Stevenson not fighting Kovalev. These guys that wanna hold the sport hostage and wanna hold the number one spot hostage need to be taken to task.

Comment

who the hell has GGG beat to even earn a shot with Martinez?? How much money will Martinez get to fight GGG?

Martinez already beat MANY greats. GGG has yet to beat anyone, not his fault, but at the end of the day boxing is business for Martinez now he deserve a PAYDAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
              Yeah he deserves criticism. The fact that he's old and injured saves a little bit of face. If he doesn't fight GGG after beating Cotto (if he can beat Cotto and looks uninjured doing it) then he deserves the same kinda criticism that Mayweather is getting for not fighting Pacquiao and Stevenson not fighting Kovalev. These guys that wanna hold the sport hostage and wanna hold the number one spot hostage need to be taken to task.
              he can fight whoever he wants, but no title should be on the line vs cotto...
              if he is not fighting real mw contenders then just drop the belt...

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Canelo is not the lineal champ or even a title holder. Martinez is and should fight the best in the division not cherry pick a blown up welter who was recently out boxed by Trout.
                Furthermore how does losing 2 of your last 3 fights at jr. Middle warrant a shot at the lineal middleweight title over an undefeated middleweight champ. He beat Delvin Rodrigues for a shot seriously? Throw in the possibility of a catch weight as well.

Comment

He is getting old and always wanted a Cotto fight. Let him make some money then he will beat down GGG just for you

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
                    We should be crying out for the GGG fight! He's supposedly the champion in waiting, it's THE fight to make in the MW division. Failing that he should at least fight Felix Sturm or Peter Quillen. Why is Martinez getting a pass?

Cotto is one of my favourite fighters and Cotto v Alvarez interests me. Cotto at Middleweight doesn't.

The fight we all want to see is Martinez v GGG for the undisputed Middleweight championship of the world. And we are being fobbed off because Lou Di Bella is shook!
                    He has been ducking GGG for a very long time now, people can make excuses and say their is no money in the GGG fight happening but was their much cash at stake with holding the Murray vs Martinez fight in Argentina?

The event in Argentina was a disgrace If anything, they completely had no idea what they were doing and never took into account that well ummm having no roof over the venue can play in adverse affect with the weather if it rains and rain it did.

At this point the only other two suitable fighters now for GGG is Sturm or Quillin and to be honest I don't know If its Lou Di Bella's sole fault for this fight not happening, I don't hear Martinez openly making it vocal that he wants to fight GGG at all... Not that I blame him but it seems cowardly that the so called 'champion' of the middleweight division is taking every step on not mentioning the best mw in the div plus Martinez has been out a long time shouldn't he be stripped like Ward was?

Comment

Originally posted by icerob View Post
                      who the hell has GGG beat to even earn a shot with Martinez?? How much money will Martinez get to fight GGG?

Martinez already beat MANY greats. GGG has yet to beat anyone, not his fault, but at the end of the day boxing is business for Martinez now he deserve a PAYDAY.
                      Iced Macklin in 3 rounds and didn't get knocked down in the process. What's Cotto done at middleweight?

Dinamita and NATAS above put it perfectly.

And as fans, why should we give a shït about which fighters brings the most money? If we don't call for the best fights legacy wise, who will? I'm not naive, I understand boxing is a business, but no one is sending money my way to defend is shît, so I'm gonna call them out on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X