No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios, Provodnikov Ready To Face Each Other

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Why bite the hand that feeds you? HBO gave him 2 great opportunities, and he made many times his career total just last year. It's not like Showtime offered him any fights, right? When do they ever match GBP guys with non GBP/Haymon fighters, unless 10/1 underdog? Espinoza said they prefer Murat to Kovalev, that will tell you a lot
    I don't care about all that. I'm talking about this kid trying to advance his career. He had a helluva year last year. Now its time to keep rollin'. Arum wanted to match him with Pac next. He didn't wanna do it because Pac is his "friend." Arum said "**** him." Rios is done. Let's cash him out in a must see action fight that's gonna put miles on both fighters. Now Provo's manager or whoever says he's exclusive to HBO. If that's the case, why hasn't HBO rewarded him with a multi-fight contract? My point is, he's being loyal and not getting that loyality back in return. Freddie Roach doesn't give a **** about Provo. He just knows that Pac is on his way out and Provo is the next best fighter in his stable. And he doesn't wanna have to choose between the two because he risks pissing Provo off and not having him when Pac is done. You think Pac gives a **** about Provo? They don't even speak the same language. So exactly how do you get "so close" to someone that you can't even have a conversation with? You think HBO gives a **** abouut Provo? Please. If he had any value to them he'd have a multi-fight deal. I just hate to see this guy being taken advantage of. He seems like a good guy. And he seems like a trusting guy. And I'm afraid that he's putting too much trust in folks that don't have his best interests at heart.

Comment

I hate to sound like the negative Neddy, here because obviously this is a great fight, but shouldn't Brandon Rios be serving a suspension or something if he actually tried to cheat against Pacquiao?

What is the point of having VADA, WADA, and USADA if no there are no consequences? Just like baseball I guess, f*** it might as well cheat. Leads to paychecks.
      Last edited by JJRod; 12-22-2013, 08:26 PM.

Comment

There needs to be knock out power

Comment

Brandon clearly doesn't care about his health. Alvarado 2 in a row then PAC now Provo?

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            I don't care about all that. I'm talking about this kid trying to advance his career. He had a helluva year last year. Now its time to keep rollin'. Arum wanted to match him with Pac next. He didn't wanna do it because Pac is his "friend." Arum said "**** him." Rios is done. Let's cash him out in a must see action fight that's gonna put miles on both fighters. Now Provo's manager or whoever says he's exclusive to HBO. If that's the case, why hasn't HBO rewarded him with a multi-fight contract? My point is, he's being loyal and not getting that loyality back in return. Freddie Roach doesn't give a **** about Provo. He just knows that Pac is on his way out and Provo is the next best fighter in his stable. And he doesn't wanna have to choose between the two because he risks pissing Provo off and not having him when Pac is done. You think Pac gives a **** about Provo? They don't even speak the same language. So exactly how do you get "so close" to someone that you can't even have a conversation with? You think HBO gives a **** abouut Provo? Please. If he had any value to them he'd have a multi-fight deal. I just hate to see this guy being taken advantage of. He seems like a good guy. And he seems like a trusting guy. And I'm afraid that he's putting too much trust in folks that don't have his best interests at heart.
            What's with this prima donna mentality, like Prov is some superstar that needs to be coddled? He's a fighter, getting opportunities he couldn't dream of last year. Rios is just the kind of fight that will give him way more exposure, everybody knows that's a can't miss barnburner.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              Brandon clearly doesn't care about his health. Alvarado 2 in a row then PAC now Provo?
              Damn, that's right. This could be 3 consecutive losses for Rios. Hey you can't hate on a guy who's willing to throw down but I got Provo by KO around the 9th in a hell of a fight.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                  I hate to sound like the negative Neddy, here because obviously this is a great fight, but shouldn't Brandon Rios be serving a suspension or something if he actually tried to cheat against Pacquiao?

What is the point of having VADA, WADA, and USADA if no there are no consequences? Just like baseball I guess, f*** it might as well cheat. Leads to paychecks.
                  He did get suspended it's basically the time he's off resting between fights . It's a joke I can't remember the exact time but it's less than 6 months

Comment

Provs combinations will overwhelm. And he will whack to the body in a ferocious matter. Brandon won't see the end because of that reason, we know he's tough getting smacked in the head but a violent and brutal body attack from someone like the provinator takes the courage away from tha toughest. He won't be saying he likes to get hit after his liver is split and his lung has been punctured by his smashed in rib cage

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      stfu already. Prov wants this fight, Rios wants this fight. No one is putting a gun to their head and forcing them make these twitter posts. Just because their styles are agressive they shouldn't fight because it will be brutal? Have you ever made one of these idiotic rants about Showtime/GB and their contracts? This tirade about HBO/Arum/Freddie Roach is transparent as all hell. ***ing fl0mos, either complaining about a "mismatch" or complaining about about a good fight. HBO can do no right by these folks.

Comment

Working...
                      X