No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Holmes Expects Big Things For Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Larry Holmes Expects Big Things For Anthony Joshua

Heavyweight great Larry Holmes sees some very big things for 24-year-old prospect Anthony Joshua (3-0, 3KOs). The 2012 Olympic gold medal winner turned pro in October and returns to the ring on February 1st at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff, Wales. Holmes warned that Joshua's promoter, Matchroom Sport, should avoid the possibility of wearing out the young boxer by placing him in the ring too often.

[Click Here To Read More]

Joshua has a lot of good fundamentals in place and I agree with Holmes, I think he can go a long way.

Comment

I agree with lary, he shouldn't be knocking out stiffs every couple of weeks, he needs to fight about every 2 months, that way he can get in a proper training camp between each fight in which they can work on technical improvments.

Comment

That's a pretty big compliment coming from Larry, who rarely hands out compliments.

Comment

Wow who bought Larry a humble pie for Xmas? Not used to hearing him praise anyone other than Larry Holmes B). Saying he may even be able to out-do him? Wow. What is it folks: Is he Humble or Senile?

Comment

Larry Holmes usually sounds bitter, but nice to hear him. Great advice, if you don't have training camps and rest, and work on mistakes, then you never improve.

Comment

Larry Holmes lacked power like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLOnVBx_yqc

Comment

Originally posted by Trudoe View Post
                Wow who bought Larry a humble pie for Xmas? Not used to hearing him praise anyone other than Larry Holmes B). Saying he may even be able to out-do him? Wow. What is it folks: Is he Humble or Senile?
                I vote senile, he must not of seen much of him in the amateurs.
                Anthony Joshua will be ripe for the picking by a fighter in the same mould as Povetkin, I honestly don't even think Joshua will reach the same level as Alexander Povetkin...
                Perhaps I'm biased but one thing I can always say is Povetkin earned his gold medal, Joshua was handed it.

Comment

Bless Larry, i've interviewed him on 3 separate occasions, and whilst a gentleman, let me tell you this, he's not the sharpest tool in the box!

It's FAR too soon to be talking about AJ in any light. Just let the kid crack on, no predictions, no hype, no new dawn, just yet. Trust me, i know more about boxing than Larry Holmes, and whilst he's right about not rushing the kid, he shouldn't be bigging him up either.

Respect and love

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
                    Bless Larry, i've interviewed him on 3 separate occasions, and whilst a gentleman, let me tell you this, he's not the sharpest tool in the box!

It's FAR too soon to be talking about AJ in any light. Just let the kid crack on, no predictions, no hype, no new dawn, just yet. Trust me, i know more about boxing than Larry Holmes, and whilst he's right about not rushing the kid, he shouldn't be bigging him up either.

Respect and love
                    Just because Larry said something a bit prematurely doesn't all of a sudden mean a boxing fan on a forum knows more about him than a sport he has been in for several years.
                    Calm it down.

Comment

Working...
                    X