This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by babynuts View Post
    Honestly, i really do not care who is to blame anymore. The whole saga bores me to death. I wish these two would hurry up and retire so we can carry on watching boxing and read about it without having to sift through pages of nonsense about these 2 fighters and their associates.

Boxing will be much better when these guys disappear.
    barely a month and this boxing fan is already bored to death?

What has NSB done to this man?

Comment

• Why is everyone saying cotto is a free agent ? He is still shows with top rank as of September and still roach is his trainer. Am I missing something?

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin-novice View Post
        yawn yawn. this fight won't happen.. i will believe it when it's announced
        I've been saying this for the last 3 years. Everyone can get into the ring with Paq but Floyd.

Comment

• Never mind I found it. I just couldn't find where cotto was actually a free agent and after some digging I found it.

Comment

• Listen, I'm not saying that Pacquiao was definitley on something, I'm just saying that it's very probable that he was using something and I can't blame the Mayweathers for demanding a test especially if Floyd was and still is willing to take the test and he actually does for every fight, but Pacquiao's refusal to take the test is what made me and a lot of other people grow even more su****ious about Pacquiao.

Floyd said he would prefer to be a rich coward than to get hurt by a person who's cheating, can't understand why that could be wrong? If i'm about to get into a fist fight and me and my opponent agreed that it'd only be a fist fight, then if the guy i'm fighting is about to get a gun, i'm not fighting him no matter what because it's not a fair fight especially when it's a fight for the money and not for self protection or for protecting someone, health is more important that money and everybody knows that!

This "giving the fans what they want" is the same BS Arum and Pacquiao has been saying to put more pressure on Floyd to fight them for less money than he actually deserves, they've been trying for many years to paint the picture to the public that Floyd Mayweather is a coward and nobody should watch a coward instead people should watch the people's champ Pacquiao so that they become more popular and Floyd becomes less popular so that they get more leverage in negotiations and make more money for the fight, and they will keep doing this unil they become the A side and Floyd becomes the B side so they can get a 60-40 split in their favor, which is not going to happen.

Their strategy hasn't been working though, Floyd's popularity has grown a lot in the past couple of years whereas Pacquiao's popularity has become much much less, that's why the negotiations have been tough, Arum doesn't want to accept the fact that he is the B side in this. The B side accepts all the conditions that the A side proposes especially if the A side is generous enough to include a rematch clause in the contract, if the B side beats the A side in the first match, then the B side becomes the A side and vice versa in the rematch, then they get to call all the shots for the rematch, it's a fair deal in my opinion, Floyd was the B side before when he fought Dela Hoya and he agreed to everything in a second because he wanted the fight, Dela Hoya made almost 80 million whereas Floyd made like 30, Floyd had to move up in weight, he had to wear heavyweight gloves with extra padding and so on.. if Arum wanted the fight to happen he woulda agreed to Mayweather's terms long time ago, and actually him saying that Pac signed this NON-EXISTING contract is what supports my hypothesis, again they're trying to make believe that Floyd is a coward and Pac is a hero, SHOW US THE CONTRACT!***65279;

Comment

• Cotto is always a free agent for years now. He works with Top Rank on a one fight basis, no contract. He can fight for whoever he wants, but he usually works with Arum, but he doesn't have to. If he were to fight Mayweather Arum probably will not co promote.

You can call be liar, or troll, but a friend of mine who works for HBO at the headquarters in NYC told me Floyd Pac is done and being announced this weekend. It's on. Again, feel free to not to believe me, or whatever, but the fight is happening between Floyd and Pac.

Comment

• I was starting to believe that Bob Arum was up to his usual bs, and blocking the fight.

But, just the other day, Mayweather was on satellite radio station, shade 45. He was spewing the usual, Pacquaio's 300k ppv sales, getting knocked out not too long ago, and him not being his own boss.

When of the guys brought up about the ridiculous amount of money this fight would make, Floyd just said well you got to look at his past ppv, he only did 300k. LOL. After hearing him on the radio, he clearly isn't that interested in fighting Pacman, so it's whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by jg77 View Post
                  I was starting to believe that Bob Arum was up to his usual bs, and blocking the fight.

But, just the other day, Mayweather was on satellite radio station, shade 45. He was spewing the usual, Pacquaio's 300k ppv sales, getting knocked out not too long ago, and him not being his own boss.

When of the guys brought up about the ridiculous amount of money this fight would make, Floyd just said well you got to look at his past ppv, he only did 300k. LOL. After hearing him on the radio, he clearly isn't that interested in fighting Pacman, so it's whatever.
                  This is not the case here, he's bringing up Pacquiao's poor sales to prove once again that he (Floyd) is the A side and he deserves the bigger piece of the pie because he's the one who's gonna attract most of the people to watch the fight if it happens.
                  It's just the negotiations phase, Arum is putting pressure on Floyd by calling him a coward and telling Pacquiao to call him out to make the fans believe that he's afraid so that they don't watch him and turn their attention to the "brave and courageous hero" Pacquiao. They're putting Floyd under this pressure to make more money from the fight than they actually deserve, and Floyd is countering by saying what you heard on the radio, he is the PPV attraction, he is the P4P best and he is definitley the A side in this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
                    This is not the case here, he's bringing up Pacquiao's poor sales to prove once again that he (Floyd) is the A side and he deserves the bigger piece of the pie because he's the one who's gonna attract most of the people to watch the fight if it happens.
                    It's just the negotiations phase, Arum is putting pressure on Floyd by calling him a coward and telling Pacquiao to call him out to make the fans believe that he's afraid so that they don't watch him and turn their attention to the "brave and courageous hero" Pacquiao. They're putting Floyd under this pressure to make more money from the fight than they actually deserve, and Floyd is countering by saying what you heard on the radio, he is the PPV attraction, he is the P4P best and he is definitley the A side in this.
                    Common sense has no place here! Away devil, away with your rational posts!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
                      Poor baby Floydie can't handle the pressure of a boxer and promoter calling him out when he's the A-side lol

Comment

Working...
                      X