This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
    Haha yeah I know. I'm still waiting on any breakdown of what Showtime is actually losing.
    I was bored today so I went and looked at their quarterly reports, to see if Floyd-Guerrero was mentioned as people claim they lost huge money, I saw all kinds of stuff but not one thing about boxing hurting their bottom line which would be in there if it did.

Then when you look at the numbers, even if they made 0 off of Floyd and had to eat everything they would barely feel that, they would feel dumb obviously but they would just write that off and be done with it.

Comment

Well can you provide me a detailed breakdown of what Sho is actually losing instead of just running with what pac****s hear and decide to run with?
      They will never release it, just like they never announce how much they make in profit.. Unless you scour their financials that are released to the public thru cbs filings for the stock market..

But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that if Floyd is getting 32 mil off the top, then his fights need to do 1.2 or higher buy rates.. Preferably 1.5 or higher..
      Floyd can easily do those numbers with another legit draw like Shane, cotto, canelo, manny... But no superstar has ever been able to do those numbers vs guys like ghost, Maidana, Bradley hatton, khan,... Tyson was able to do it with mcneely but that was a comeback fight.. With bruce seldon he wasn't breaking a million..
      There is no doubt that showtimr has lost money paying Floyd a total so far of 108 million... When Maidana and ghost were in the 800k range..
      Canelo fight was a huge success, but right now manny is the only guy left that Floyd can pull blockbuster numbers with.. Floyd fighting porter, Thurman, Maidana 2, khan isn't going to get the buy rates needed to support Floyd's huge guarantee.. Cotto rematch for the lineal mw title would be the only other fight besides manny that could bring serious money,

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        I was bored today so I went and looked at their quarterly reports, to see if Floyd-Guerrero was mentioned as people claim they lost huge money, I saw all kinds of stuff but not one thing about boxing hurting their bottom line which would be in there if it did.

Then when you look at the numbers, even if they made 0 off of Floyd and had to eat everything they would barely feel that, they would feel dumb obviously but they would just write that off and be done with it.
        That's my exact thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          They will never release it, just like they never announce how much they make in profit.. Unless you scour their financials that are released to the public thru cbs filings for the stock market..

But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that if Floyd is getting 32 mil off the top, then his fights need to do 1.2 or higher buy rates.. Preferably 1.5 or higher..
          Floyd can easily do those numbers with another legit draw like Shane, cotto, canelo, manny... But no superstar has ever been able to do those numbers vs guys like ghost, Maidana, Bradley hatton, khan,... Tyson was able to do it with mcneely but that was a comeback fight.. With bruce seldon he wasn't breaking a million..
          There is no doubt that showtimr has lost money paying Floyd a total so far of 108 million... When Maidana and ghost were in the 800k range..
          Canelo fight was a huge success, but right now manny is the only guy left that Floyd can pull blockbuster numbers with.. Floyd fighting porter, Thurman, Maidana 2, khan isn't going to get the buy rates needed to support Floyd's huge guarantee.. Cotto rematch for the lineal mw title would be the only other fight besides manny that could bring serious money,
          Way too much speculation and not enough evidence in this for me to worry about Showtime going bankrupt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
            There's been many reports, although speculative.

It's common sense, I can't be bothered to go through it but if you do the math it doesn't look too dandy on Showtime's part.
            Like I thought Troll on laddy

Comment

HBO blacklisted gbp/guys
              Floyd has his own promotional company. Why does Pacquiao have to abandon everything and everyone who made him a star in boxing just to get Floyd to step in the ring with him?

There's even an article where Floyd said Pac has to join Mayweather Promotions just to fight him, Pathetic.

Comment

Way too much speculation and not enough evidence in this for me to worry about Showtime going bankrupt.
                It's nothing to do with going bankrupt.

This isn't monopoly, if they don't perform like someone else said they'll lose jobs, revenue etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                  Floyd has his own promotional company. Why does Pacquiao have to abandon everything and everyone who made him a star in boxing just to get Floyd to step in the ring with him?
                  He has his own promotional company as much as Pacquiao has his.

Comment

• Floyd fans "Manny has to leave his promoter, his adviser, has to join Mayweather Promotions and wear sparring gloves"

So useless

Comment

• Originally posted by hypodermical View Post
                      You're dumb as hell. Floyd has his ridiculous terms, and Pac has his terms. Pac is willing to at least NEGOTIATE, while Floyd only makes up new stipulations and terms that are more ridiculous that his last. You keep saying that Manny doesn't wanna fight Floyd because he won't agree to everything Floyd wants. you're a ****ing moron.

If you think Manny should bend over backwards to make the Floyd fight, then you're an idiot. He's not desperate for that fight either.

The funny thing is, Floyd is all about money, yet he wont agree to fight the man who will give him his biggest payday in history, whom he said is easy work, and will cement his legacy.
                      Ariza abd roach disagree

Comment

Working...
                      X