X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Funny how Pacquiao and Arum himself are looking for the fight yet Mayweather still talking about "leave your promoter." I've never heard of such thing.

Or does Mayweather have a new roadblock nowadays?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

I don't get it, wouldn't making Pac leave his promoter to get a fight signed break the Muhammad Ali Reform Act?

"(b) PROMOTIONAL RIGHTS UNDER MANDATORY BOUT CONTRACTS- No boxing service provider may require a boxer to grant any future promotional rights as a requirement of competing in a professional boxing match that is a mandatory bout under the rules of a sanctioning organization."
    I don't think so. Read the last part of that.

That only applies if Pacquiao was Mayweather's mando. Then Mayweather wouldn't be allowed to try and tie Pacquiao to a contract cause Mayweather is SUPPOSED TO fight him. But since Pacquiao is not his mando...

Or is he? I know at one point he was the #1 guy in the WBC rankings but Idk anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      I don't think so. Read the last part of that.

That only applies if Pacquiao was Mayweather's mando. Then Mayweather wouldn't be allowed to try and tie Pacquiao to a contract cause Mayweather is SUPPOSED TO fight him. But since Pacquiao is not his mando...

Or is he? I know at one point he was the #1 guy in the WBC rankings but Idk anymore.

Title holders can't be mandatories to other titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        CBS only has revenues of $3.5 billion a quarter, some fairly small percentage of $32 million is obviously devastating to them~
        So why not just double or triple their boxing budget since it's a drop in the bucket and they don't mind taking a loss? They would have smoked HBO years ago and become America's #1 boxing network

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            So why not just double or triple their boxing budget since it's a drop in the bucket and they don't mind taking a loss? They would have smoked HBO years ago and become America's #1 boxing network
            They appear to be upping Showtime's budget based on all the money getting thrown around by them.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeepHatin View Post
              Floyd is a man of his word, and yes Manny Pacquiao, you're next!
              He said that in the Ortiz presser, right? Now, who was Floyd chasing right after the Ortiz fight? Who was he calling out on twitter/facebook? Who was he getting his jail sentenced pushed back for? Who was he making public statements about a potential fight? Yes my friend, it appeared he wanted Pacquiao next. But Manny had a cut that needed to heal for another year and Bob wanted a new stadium, even though they were more than willing to fight Marquez on May 5th, but not Floyd.....why?

Comment

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
                He said that in the Ortiz presser, right? Now, who was Floyd chasing right after the Ortiz fight? Who was he calling out on twitter/facebook? Who was he getting his jail sentenced pushed back for? Who was he making public statements about a potential fight? Yes my friend, it appeared he wanted Pacquiao next. But Manny had a cut that needed to heal for another year and Bob wanted a new stadium, even though they were more than willing to fight Marquez on May 5th, but not Floyd.....why?
                lol and after that statement yes pacquiao ur next.. what did he said after??? " Dont put words in my mouth" lol

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by Holywarrior

Actually, all Showtime needs is CBS to handle any losses.

CBS only has revenues of $3.5 billion a quarter, some fairly small percentage of $32 million is obviously devastating to them~
                  Lol... fl0mos.

Only in Fl0mos World is it ok to lose revenue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke
                    Quote:

Title holders can't be mandatories to other titles.
                    Is this true? What's their ranking with one sanctioning body have to do with another?

Either way, the exerpt posted from the Ali act doesn't apply to Floyd asking Manny to leave TR. Cause Pacquiao is not Floyd's mando.

Comment

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
                      It aint about being reasonable and it aint about being fair. It's about do you really want the fight, yeah, you'll fight for free? Ok, here are my terms, take it or leave it. Manny left it, period. Whether you agree with Floyd's stance or not, it's up to Manny to make the fight, he's the one that cares about it.
                      You're dumb as hell. Floyd has his ridiculous terms, and Pac has his terms. Pac is willing to at least NEGOTIATE, while Floyd only makes up new stipulations and terms that are more ridiculous that his last. You keep saying that Manny doesn't wanna fight Floyd because he won't agree to everything Floyd wants. you're a ****ing moron.

If you think Manny should bend over backwards to make the Floyd fight, then you're an idiot. He's not desperate for that fight either.

The funny thing is, Floyd is all about money, yet he wont agree to fight the man who will give him his biggest payday in history, whom he said is easy work, and will cement his legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X