This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Manny Pacquiao was updated this morning on ongoing negotiations for a potential May 2 bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr., according to Pacquiao***8217;s adviser Michael Koncz.

We're still in negotiations with Floyd's group through Top Rank. I spoke to Manny this morning. I gave Manny what is perceived to be a counter offer from the Mayweather people, said Koncz, who then referred to Top Rank CEO Bob Arum.

We discussed it and now I've given instruction to Bob to counter their counter. We've been going back and forth. Bob has been negotiating with the powers that be on Floyd's side for the past couple of weeks. There's been offers and counter offers, and a couple of days ago Bob called me and gave me allegedly where Floyd's side is, and I discussed that with Manny two hours ago.

Now I've given Bob our response to that. I'm never overly optimistic until the contract is signed, but the good thing is that we're still going back and forth.

During an interview on Showtime on Dec. 12, Mayweather said that he would love to fight Manny Pacquiao on May 2. Click here for Floyd Mayweather Jr's full video interview with Steve Farhood

Mayweather can get the amount he wants, Pacquiao responded on Dec. 16. Money is not the issue in our fight.

On Wednesday, Pacquiao delivered a final word for 2014 to Mayweather on his Twitter account.

The ball will drop at midnight to usher in 2015, read Pacquiao's message. @Floyd Mayweather, let's not not drop the ball on fighting each other next year! #LetsMakeFistory.

Mayweather is currently aligned with Showtime, having fought four of six bouts stipulated by a multimillion-dollar agreement he signed with the network and its parent company, CBS Corporation.

Officials from Showtime and HBO, the latter of which has televised most of Pacquiao's fights, have reportedly discussed a joint venture between the networks similar to that which facilitated the fight between Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson in June 2002.

Lewis scored an eighth-round stoppage victory over Tyson in the bout. Lewis and Tyson were affiliated with HBO and Showtime, respectively, at the time. Key aides are reportedly working for Mayweather and Pacquiao, with CBS Corporation Chief Executive Leslie Moonves bringing the two sides together.

http://******.craveonline.com/news/3...ather-jr-talks

If Money is not an issue why is he countering offers?
    People always contradict themselves, as a Floyd fan you'd surely know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
      since the thread was deleted...truth

I don't usually (if at all) point to youtubers, but the fl0mo fanbase should listen to this and try to understand what they sound like to the rest of us hearing their arguments - those "arguments" are really nothing more than Floyd's quotes repeated endlessly.

This video was spot on. "Excuses for Floyd's excuses." And the whole 'Arum needs to step out the way' ****, lol, truth.
      Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      ^^^^^^^ this. Thats what they sound like. *****s listen to the video. All 20 minutes.
      Exactly, such an accurate depiction, feels like the guy has been reading IMDAZED, The Big Dunn's and DeadLikeMe's posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
        since the thread was deleted...truth

I don't usually (if at all) point to youtubers, but the fl0mo fanbase should listen to this and try to understand what they sound like to the rest of us hearing their arguments - those "arguments" are really nothing more than Floyd's quotes repeated endlessly.

This video was spot on. "Excuses for Floyd's excuses." And the whole 'Arum needs to step out the way' ****, lol, truth.

... "They" will never watch this vid entirely. Firstly because it is voiced by a WASP robot; secondly, because it contains a long (20 min.) logical argument -- which causes brain damage...

Comment

• The guy that made that video is a smart motherf*ker. He noticed how Arum was smiling from ear to ear when Bradley got the Pac decision then moments later chastised the decision when he gauged the crowd reaction. Even this dumbed down presentation dissecting Floyd’s game will get nowhere with his supporters because the supporters need things to say, not logic! If Floyd says he wants the Pac fight but Arum’s stopping it, that is all his supporters need! Screw facts or reason!

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... "They" will never watch this vid entirely. Firstly because it is voiced by a WASP robot; secondly, because it contains a long (20 min.) logical argument -- which causes brain damage...
            I like the voice

It's a very fair assessment. Notice how none of them replied

Comment

• Incidentally, who needs this fight more? Pacquiao wants the fight more but does he need it more? If you want to say yes, why would that be? Legacy? Obviously not. Money? If Pacquiao needed money that bad, wouldn't he fight more than twice per year? Floyd is the one that NEEDS this fight. Definitely not for money. There is no way Floyd can retire in peace not fighting Pacquiao!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                Incidentally, who needs this fight more? Pacquiao wants the fight more but does he need it more? If you want to say yes, why would that be? Legacy? Obviously not. Money? If Pacquiao needed money that bad, wouldn't he fight more than twice per year? Floyd is the one that NEEDS this fight. Definitely not for money. There is no way Floyd can retire in peace not fighting Pacquiao!
                Bingo. And let's not act like Pac is broke as hell. He just made what, 25 million tax free in China? Please.

Floyd fans are stupid. "Pac needs to call Floyd out!" *Pacquiao calls Floyd out* "Oh he broke!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Bingo. And let's not act like Pac is broke as hell. He just made what, 25 million tax free in China? Please.

Floyd fans are stupid. "Pac needs to call Floyd out!" *Pacquiao calls Floyd out* "Oh he broke!"
                  It's not tax free he gets taxed 32% minimum no matter where he fights. If the country he fights in doesn't take 32% the Philippines takes it or whatever amount to make it up to 32%.

Tax rate is 32%

Pacquiao reportedly made more than $20 million (around P900 million) for the Algieri fight.

Henares said that if, for instance, Pacquiao made at least P1 billion for the fight, he will have to pay the Philippine tax rate of 32%, or P320 million, in taxes.

If Pacquiao already paid P100 million in Macau, he will still have to pay the remaining balance of P220 million to the BIR.

Pacquiao***8217;s camp will have to declare this amount and pay before the April 15, 2015 deadline.

https://anc.yahoo.com/news/bir-chief...002413911.html
                  Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 01-01-2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Does Pacquiao give the impression he's walking around close to bankruptcy in the Phillipines? Could this maybe be another Floyd perpetrated propaganda like the PED's? Floyd is pissed because Pacquiao wants to kick his ass...because he is broke????

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                      Does Pacquiao give the impression he's walking around close to bankruptcy in the Phillipines? Could this maybe be another Floyd perpetrated propaganda like the PED's? Floyd is pissed because Pacquiao wants to kick his ass...because he is broke????
                      No it's because he owes the Philippines $40+ mil in taxes and the IRS $18 mil.

Comment

Working...
                      X