Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait till the day there is no Klitschko in boxing at all

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      Wlad actually showed his frustration by trying to garner knockdowns by literally throwing Povetkin to the ground repeatedly. He wanted to get him out of there, but he couldn't. Povetkin had too much heart and bull strength despite being up against the ineptitude of referee Pabon as well as Klitschko. He didn't win, but he deserves some credit as he was up against it.

They held the titles, the champion should be fighting the best regularly the guys below can't secure the big fights so easily. If Floyd started fighting guys outside the top 10 in the division there would be uproar, just look at the backlash over the prospect of Khan and he's a 2-weight world champ. There is constant pressure for him to fight the next best guy, and that's how it should be.

I don't mind Wlad, I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot at the WBC either but the way things have been playing out is having detrimental effect on the division.
      I was pissed that Wlad was holding and pushing down on Povetkin so much, it was actually infuriating. With that said Povetkin also had no answers for Wlad and I believe if Wlad spent just a little more time actually throwing punches instead of pushing Povetkin he would have easily knocked him out. Because every time Wlad connected solidly he was hurting him.

And you all want to b1tch and complain about who Wlad is fighting. Well, why not b1tch about the contenders fighting the Joey Abell's of the world instead of fighting each other? They just want to secure a ranking and sit and wait until Wlad fights them.

So, I will say it again Wlad has fought at least 17 Ring top ten fighters. How many of the other Ring top ten heavyweights have even fought one other top ten heavyweight? I am not sure but I would bet good money that it is a very very short list. And how you want to somehow blame Wlad for that is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        rahman had been out of the rankings for over 2 years happy? he was a bum and freedom pretended like it was a legit win which it was not. wlad fights nothing but shot bums, tomato cans, or fatasses. the couple times he fought someone the least bit dangerous he hugged them for dear life the entire fight like haye and povetkin. he wouldn't even fight chisora because he was scared of his pressure style. him and his brother were running a racket picking and choosing which guys to fight based on styles. frauds.
        I will say it again. Rahman was a late sub for Povetkin. The Rock was also the NABF Champ, which in the not so distant past actually meant something. He also still had power and in my opinion Wlad could have picked a hell of a lot worse opponent as a late sub.

As far as Chisora is concerned. I find it absolutely laughable that you all somehow believe that Chisora was a legit contender when Wlad was going to fight him. He had what 14 fights? I felt that Chisora at the time was as deserving a fight with Wlad as I feel about his next opponent, I honestly don't even know his name. I suspect that many of you felt the same way but for what ever reason you will no longer admit to it.

And what has changed about Chisora? The fact that he gave some problems to a 40 year old fighter with one arm? Or was it when he was in a close fight with one of the most overrated heavyweights in the "Nordic Wet Dream"? Why that clown is still ranked in the Rings top ten is beyond me. One more thing I want to touch on and I promise I am done.

Please show me any fighter in any weight division who has had multiple title defenses, like say 10 or 12 to 20 defenses that did not fight their share of, what was it you called them, shot bums tomato cans and fat asses. If you can even make a list I guarantee you it will be another short one.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
            And you all want to b1tch and complain about who Wlad is fighting. Well, why not b1tch about the contenders fighting the Joey Abell's of the world instead of fighting each other? They just want to secure a ranking and sit and wait until Wlad fights them.
            Precisely, and Wlad's not doing it so we have a hw division where the champion isn't fighting the top contenders consistently and the top contenders are scared to fight each other just in case they miss out on a money fight with the champ (who holds 4/5 belts). It's not working.

Hopefully the WBC belt being freed up will breathe at least some life into the division so we can see a few good match-ups.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 12-19-2013, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
              I will say it again. Rahman was a late sub for Povetkin. The Rock was also the NABF Champ, which in the not so distant past actually meant something. He also still had power and in my opinion Wlad could have picked a hell of a lot worse opponent as a late sub.

As far as Chisora is concerned. I find it absolutely laughable that you all somehow believe that Chisora was a legit contender when Wlad was going to fight him. He had what 14 fights? I felt that Chisora at the time was as deserving a fight with Wlad as I feel about his next opponent, I honestly don't even know his name. I suspect that many of you felt the same way but for what ever reason you will no longer admit to it.

And what has changed about Chisora? The fact that he gave some problems to a 40 year old fighter with one arm? Or was it when he was in a close fight with one of the most overrated heavyweights in the "Nordic Wet Dream"? Why that clown is still ranked in the Rings top ten is beyond me. One more thing I want to touch on and I promise I am done.

Please show me any fighter in any weight division who has had multiple title defenses, like say 10 or 12 to 20 defenses that did not fight their share of, what was it you called them, shot bums tomato cans and fat asses. If you can even make a list I guarantee you it will be another short one.
              well it's not the past and the NABF don't mean sh-it now. rahman was completely shot.

whether he was legit or not doesn't mean sh-it. its called styles. he had the style to give wlad problems and when wlad realized this he pulled out making his brother fight him because vitali deals with pressure fighters better.

so wlad is on the same level as sven ottke, joe calzaghe, chris john, artur grigorian, dariusz, and johnny nelson. all great fighters! title defenses don't mean shi-it and this list of frauds proves that. now title defenses against the best is something that is actually hard to do. guys like Louis, ali, and monzon were able to do this while continually fighting ranked guys and more often then not highly ranked guys. that's the difference between being great and not being great. wlad is pretend great. he might have similar stats but he doesn't have similar quality. also he hugs like henry akwindade.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Precisely, and Wlad's not doing it so we have a hw division where the champion isn't fighting the top contenders consistently and the top contenders are scared to fight each other just in case they miss out on a money fight with the champ (who holds 4/5 belts). It's not working.

Hopefully the WBC belt being freed up will breathe at least some life into the division so we can see a few good match-ups.
                Wlad has fought twelve times since 2008. Eight of those fights have been against Ring top ten fighters. That sounds pretty consistent to me.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  rahman had been out of the rankings for over 2 years happy? he was a bum and freedom pretended like it was a legit win
                  Don't spin it. Rahman was a last minute replacement for Povetkin. Rahman was the highest rated available opponent.

Or are you claming that not fighting Rahman would have been a better choice than not fighting at all?

Wlad always fights the highest rated available opponents. (Except when he does his stay-busy fights.)

Wlad is probably the HW champ with the most consistent top rated and/or unbeaten opponents of all times.

It was Ali who fought the Coopman's, Dunns and Wepners in title fights.

It was Holmes who fought the Beys and Ocasios.

It was Lennox who dropped the belt to not fight Byrd.
                  Last edited by hweightblogger; 12-19-2013, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Wlad doesn't stand a chance, any vacant WBC automatically gets offered to Chavez Jr first. Don't people know anything?

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                      And whoever picks up the WBC strap will duck Wladimir...
                      nah...they gonna make him the Mandatory!

Comment

Working...
                      X